Cedar is the first complete payment solution in healthcare, uniquely bringing together payers and providers to deliver a transformative consumer experience and eliminate administrative waste! Our technology reimagines patient billing and engagement, enabling providers and payers to thrive in a constantly evolving environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
We are looking for a Utilization Management Intake Specialist to process prior authorization intakes, and add information to our database from paper documents. The ideal candidate will be computer savvy and a fast typist with a keen eye for detail. Understanding data confidentiality principles is required!
We work fully remote / from home.
- Processing prior authorization rules based on documented guidelines
- Determining whether a prior authorization is complete with appropriate billing/coding requirements and supporting documents
- Transferring medical data from paper formats into computer files or database systems
- Typing in data provided directly from customers
- Verify data by comparing it to source documents
- Update existing data
- Retrieve data from the database or electronic files as requested
- Demonstrable experience in medical coding and/or reviewing medical records (ICD 10, CPT, etc)
- Experience working with Prior Authorization requests
- Fast typing skills; Knowledge of touch typing systems is strongly preferred
- Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel, etc.)
- Solid understanding of office equipment and computer hardware and peripheral devices
- Good command of the English language both oral and written
- Great attention to detail
Working from home requirements:
- 10Mbps download, 1Mbps upload. You can test your speeds on speedtest.net
- Secluded workspace - during work hours you will need to have a private work area that is not accessed by any other members of the home