As a "Contract/Temporary" User Test Specialist, you will be the key link between the development team and users who are validating that our prototypes and software are operating as intended in real world environments.
Users will provide you with insights of their needs and preferences, as well as report any issues they encounter while using the robot. As a User Test Specialist, you will help debug common issues, and transfer information to the development team enabling us to make better, more robust robots that delights our customers. Users will be both internal employees and external to iRobot.
Contract/Temporary Essential functions include:
- User Liaison during in home user trials, involving up to hundreds of users
- Recruit users suitable for home testing via email, surveys, etc.
- Primary point of contact for all users
- Organize and execute user orientation
- Answer users’ questions about robot, accessories, and/or mobile app operations
- Make special requests from users for targeted testing needs
- Encourage and motivate users
- Track user test logistical information such as robot configuration, software version, etc.
- Analyze and summarize valuable user feedback from user surveys and home testing journals
- Cross reference user feedback with robot data logs
- Engage user as required to further clarify the feedback
- Synthesize user feedback and robot data logs into issues, ideas and customer preference trends
- Verify robot configuration prior to start of test.
- Verify robots meet proper hardware and software configuration by executing a few tests on the units before they are sent home to testers.
The individual in this role will work as part of the User Test Team within Systems Engineering and will work closely with Chief Engineers, Program Managers, Product Managers, as well as Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Test Engineering and User Experience leads. The successful candidate will have experience or capability to quickly learn all aspects of user-facing testing.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a related role
- Direct experience interacting with customers and resolving issues
- Demonstrated organizational abilities
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated ability to organize and execute a presentation/training for large groups of people
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of task execution and work with minimal supervision
- Adept at summarizing and presenting complex test data
- Background in research involving data gathering and analysis
- Proficient with MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word
- Experience with iOS and/or Android mobile apps
- Advanced Excel and data analysis skill are strongly desired
- Experience with Centercode Beta Test Management Solutions
- Experience with product defect tracking tools (Jira, Agile Central/Rally, etc.)
- Experience in software test
- Experience troubleshooting complex electromechanical systems
- Experience testing consumer vacuum and/or robotic products.
- Experience with data acquisition as well as processing and analysis software.
- Bachelor Degree in related field is desired
More Jobs From