As a "Contract/Temp" User Test Project Manager at iRobot, you will be responsible for cross-team coordination, communication and process development. User Testing allows iRobot employees and external testers to validate that our hardware and software prototypes are operating as intended in real world environments.
Your goal will be coordinate details related to the proper planning and execution of user tests (Technical User Tests and Alpha tests). You will work with the program teams to ensure the correct hardware identified, sourced, the proper configuration is specified and will be ready in time to start testing. Additionally, you will ensure that the user test staff has all the relevant information needed to recruit, onboard and execute user tests.
Contract/Temp Essential functions include:
Provide guidance to development teams and support of tracking/procuring of hardware (robots, docks, debuggers, etc.), including identifying configuration required for in home test
- Ensure development teams have reviewed that hardware meets minimum functionality requirements before it is scheduled to go into homes
- Ensure the program teams are aware and have reviewed all the privacy and security protocols with legal and security teams prior to start of test
- Ensure development teams have cleared with Legal that proper intellectual property (IP) has been filed before robots are sent to homes
- Work with fleet management team to ensure the robots are being prepared in timely manner and any returned product is properly accounted for
Meet with development team to scope out the goals for testing develop test plans.
- Participate in initial meeting with development team to develop the frequency and scope of each test cycle. Work with the User Test manager to ensure we have the proper resources to execute the tests as requested
- Ensure clear KPIs have been established before beginning of each test cycle
- Ensure User Test Specialist have information needed to create weekly tasks, training materials and have been provided a list of system limitations.
Assist the execution of User Tests as required:
- Assist in preparation of projects in our feedback tool (ensuring integrations to other software tools are working properly, teams have been defined, reports created, etc.)
- Review training materials are clear, list of expectations defined and training sessions have been scheduled.
- Assist with processing of user feedback during peak times of test.
- 4+ years of experience in Program/Project Management of complex products
- Leadership Skills
- Demonstrated organizational and analytical abilities
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of task execution and work with minimal supervision
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely communicate with others at all level of technical knowledge and engineering discipline.
- Experience coordinating Alpha/Beta tests
- Experience with Centercode Beta Test Management Solutions
- Experience with product defect tracking tools (Jira, Agile Central/Rally, etc.)
- Experience in software test methodologies
- Experience testing consumer vacuum and/or robotic products
- PMP Certification
Bachelor’s degree in technical management, business, engineering or related field. Advanced degrees welcome but not required
More Jobs From