Cedar is improving the healthcare financial experience. Its not hard to see the problem: we bet you or those close to you have your own stories about struggling with medical bills, fighting with health insurance, or trying to find quality care at a reasonable cost. Millions of hours and billions of dollars are wasted each year. At Cedar, our technology empowers healthcare providers and insurance companies to work together to offer patients an exceptional and affordable financial experience.
We are seeking a User Research Manager to be a part of our newly formed User Research team! This is a ground-up opportunity for a researcher to help solve some of the hardest problems in healthcare. The candidate will drive a comprehensive user research program for a group of Cedar development squads as well as for key strategic opportunities. They will work in close partnership with senior stakeholders and cross-functional partners, to set the bar for using human-centered best practices and mixed-method user research to address our highest priority questions about our users, our product experiences, and our business. They will be outstanding at running research projects that span from discovery through implementation and mentor junior researchers and product teams in conducting research.
This role can be a people manager or individual contributor role, depending on experience and interest in developing teams.
- Drive strategy and execution of user research across groups of product squads
- Provide research leadership to initiatives of vital importance to Cedars strategy
- Plan, conduct, analyze, and communicate the results of studies, to build deep understanding among designers, product managers, and engineers
- Partner with product leadership to promote standard methodologies of research and decision making
- Coach and mentor junior User Researchers and other members of the Design team
Skills & Experience
- 7-9 years of hands-on experience conducting strategic and product-based user research, and 1-2 years managing junior designers if interested in managing people at Cedar
- End-to-end experience with all aspects of research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting)
- Deep proficiency in qualitative and quantitative methods. Experience teaching research methods and the strengths and limitations of when to use qualitative vs quantitative methodologies
- Curious, creative, and pragmatic approach to solving problems.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate sophisticated concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- The ability to handle ambiguity, work autonomously, keep organized across a number of user research projects
- Proven ability to evangelize your research
- Ability to anticipate needs developing a deep understanding of business goals
- Ability to develop research goals and strategies in alignment with company goals
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly, engaging with millions of patients per year, and growing at a rate of 360% YoY as of January 2021!
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
- Remote work flexibility
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for Product Designer who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa. Cedar is not an E-Verify employer and cannot employ individuals on a STEM OPT extension.