Get an Impression of the Team
At BRYTER, were serious about the future of automation and some of the worlds renowned investors are backing us on this journey. The importance of the legal tech sector on the market is growing and so is our company. This is accompanied by more and more interesting legal topics that arise, so that we need skilled and energetic additions to our legal team.
As our US Legal Counsel, you will oversee all legal matters for the United States through a period of high growth and international expansion. Reporting to the General Counsel in Germany, this is an exciting opportunity to be BRYTERs first US-based lawyer and build a team locally.
BRYTERs legal team uses its own software daily. The US Legal Counsel role therefore requires a certain tech-savviness and a lot of curiosity for BRYTERs software to enable us to build our own modules. It requires a constant willingness to learn new things and develop your existing skills. You are a considerate, bright, forward thinking, entrepreneurial candidate with a passion for developing legal tech products which can eventually be used by our customers. We are looking for a person with hands-on mentality and strong analytical as well as communicational skills. This will enable you to quickly understand how problems and workflows from the legal team can be mapped into digital tools.
- Manage a legal department in the United States together with the General Counsel.
- Draft, amend, and negotiate commercial agreements.
- Advise and support BRYTERs legal and compliance matters in the US regarding contracts (commercial), data protection, labor law related aspects and other legal issues concerning both external and internal matters.
- Work closely with our Strategy team and General Counsel to identify pain points and mundane tasks.
- Develop cutting-edge automation solutions for the legal department.
- Drive processes autonomously.
- Work cross-functionally with an international team and colleagues on additional projects.
- JD required.
- 2+ years of professional experience as a lawyer in a big law firm or well-known tech company.
- Experience with B2B SaaS companies and startups is a plus.
- Profound knowledge in commercial law, IP/IT and data protection is a plus.
- Willingness to handle the widest range of legal issues that come up in a start-up environment, even if outside your core areas of expertise.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Tech-savviness some coding experience is a big plus.
- An undeniably positive attitude and extreme dedication.
- Self-motivated, proactive, hands on and able to work autonomously if required.
- Reliable with high attention to detail and strong communication skills.
- Self-starter with the drive to work in a fast-paced, ever changing, high-growth organization.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to shape the legal team of a global hyper growth SaaS player.
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial environment that encourages and fosters career development and fast learning.
- Direct exposure to the founding team and other members of senior management.
- Full remote working environment.
- Flat hierarchies and hands-on mentality.
- Opportunities to build and develop your personal network.
- A competitive salary reflecting intense and demanding engagement. Participation in the Company ESOP.
What is it like to work at BRYTER?
We are a remote-first Software-as-a-Service company, with people across the world. We believe that teams are more important than businesses and we are convinced that the right team can have the greatest impact. Our management team has successfully built, scaled and sold companies before and wants to create an environment where everyone can grow to their full potential and flourish.
We want our team members to take responsibility, to understand the mission and, ultimately, to be happy. That is why our organization is optimized to foster employee happiness, allowing everyone to have as much ownership, autonomy and mastery as possible. If you want to hear it straight from the horses mouth on what this means, how working at BRYTER is like, our CPO and Co-Founder Michael Hbl has recorded a webinar, where he shares a bit about our remote-first working culture.
Our employees can choose to work from home or anywhere they prefer. We encourage everyone to take part in conferences, to share their suggestions across the business and to learn. Whilst we are remote-first, we have office hubs in London, New York, Berlin, Frankfurt and Dublin.
Being remote-first means we work extra hard to foster relationships, including daily coffees (only rule is dont talk about work!) and an in-person get-together every quarter where we spend the time strategizing, planning as well as just talking, having fun and getting to know each other better. To date we have always done this in Frankfurt, Germany, where we have one of our offices. Thats why we sometimes call the time that we get together, on-sites. However, during the COVID-pandemic, these get-togethers have become virtual as well.