Nexthink is the global leader in digital employee experience management. Our products allow enterprises to create highly productive digital workplaces for their employees by delivering optimal end-user experiences. Through a unique combination of real-time analytics, automation and employee feedback, Nexthink gives IT teams the insight they need to empower and even delight people at work.
Headquartered in Switzerland with US headquarters in Boston, Nexthink also has offices in France, UK, Germany, Spain and UAE. Our growing team of Nexthinkers is proud to be making the digital work lives of nearly ten million employees across 1,000 customers more productive.
At Nexthink, we believe actions are stronger than words when it comes to diversity, inclusivity, and equity in the workplace. Nexthinkers are multinational and multilingual, and come from all walks of life. We are committed to hiring a genuinely representative workforce that can create solutions and foster innovation for the modern digital employee experience. Join us today!
The US GAAP Specialist will report to the Finance & Strategy Manager based in Switzerland.
This is anew position in our organization that isresponsible for helping establish and maintain Nexthink US GAAP accounting policies and maintaining oversight over the adoption and compliance with those policies.
- Key role in the conversion from IFRS to US GAAP.
- Ownership with drafting and maintenance of the Nexthink Accounting Manual and all US GAAP memos.
- Assist with US GAAP review of high-risk areas and identify potential accounting issues and following up on resolution of such issues.
- Initiate the standardization of processes and procedures. Takes initiative and implements improvements where required.
- Support the Sales Operations & Legal teams in reviewing some key contracts which have ASC 606 impact.
- Coordinate with our valuation specialists quarterly reporting and support the Finance & Strategy Manager for all ASC 718 and 409A matters.
- Translates business requirements to accounting. Support our Finance team and other General & Administration teams in our US GAAP and SOX conversion process.
- Coordinate review of corporate accounting issues with the external auditors or SEC and ensure that all accounting issues addressed with the auditors or SEC are appropriately resolved with assistance from the Finance & Strategy Manager.
- Provide US GAAP trainings to internal stakeholders.
- Review of the SOX controls that support this process.
- Participate in initiatives and projects to continuously improve financial accounting and reporting processes and tools.
- Bachelor's Degree in finance and accounting or equivalent accounting qualification, plus CPA.
- At least 3 years of US GAAP experience acquired as external auditors or in a similar position in a fast-growing multinational environment. Software/technology industry experience is a must.
- Attention to details, ability to keep deadlines and set priorities.
- Expert in US GAAP accounting principles is a must.
- Proven ability to contribute to the success and the achievement of a team.
- Excellent Excel and computer skills.
- Proactive and independent self-starter able to drive projects to completion.
- Very strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience interacting with the SEC or other external financial regulators.
- Willingness to travel occasionally to our Swiss Headquarters.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a fast-growing, successful and innovative company. Nexthink allows you to thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis is on excellence, innovation, openness and collaboration.