Term: 6 month contract
Motional is seeking a creative UI/UX prototyper contractor to aid our product and design team to iterate on design concepts, and validate them with ride hailing users.
What You Will Work On:
- Collaborating with Motionals UX designers to create functional prototypes and quickly iterate upon design concepts for Autonomous Vehicles
- Work with user researchers, designers, and product managers to conduct in-person user testing with users to enable decision making on UX concepts
- Hands-on work creating and supporting physical prototypes in the field
- On-the-job creative problem solving to explore and identify potential prototyping solutions
- Documentation of prototype designs and solutions to problems encountered
- 2+ years experience as UX / design engineer, creative technologist
- Experience with building prototypes for cross-platform interconnectivity (interactions between digital and physical interfaces, IoT, etc)
- Experience with hardware hacking/prototyping (e.g. Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Linux)
- Experience with RESTful APIs, HTTP protocols, WebSockets
- Remote Administration of Linux based systems
- Experience with electronics production and prototyping (soldering, perf boards)
- Good communication skills to explain the features and functionality of the prototypes
- BS in Human Computer Interaction, Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- Experience with Framer X
- Experience with other rapid prototyping tools (Software/Hardware)
- Experience with creating, maintaining, and orchestrating Docker containers
- Critical thinking and creative problem solving skills while wearing a Systems Administration and IT Specialist hat
- Experience collaborating with designers and product managers
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. Were behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, its imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motionals success. Thats why weve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.