Position: Traveler Support Specialist (Spanish Speaking)
EF Product: Explore America
Location: Cambridge, MA
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Start Date: July 26, 2021
*In accordance with public health guidance, all of our staff are currently working from home until September 8, 2021 at which point we look forward to returning in-person at our North American Headquarters located in Cambridge, MA. However, while we work from home, our EF culture still runs strong. From virtual happy hours, group workout classes, and collaborative technology, we'll make sure you can stay close to your colleagues - even from home.
When you work in traveler (customer) support at EF, you play a vital role in fulfilling our company mission: Opening the World Through Education. You change lives and help make the world a better place, every day. We give every traveler support specialist here a magic combination of guidance and autonomy to help them thrive and our business grow.
Whether this is your first step in your career, or you are a making a career shift, the Traveler Support Specialist position is a fantastic opportunity to start/continue your customer support career and can lead to a long-lasting career path at EF. We’ve seen people grow their career into management and learning and development positions, as well as use their skills and passions to transition into sales, marketing, operations, finance, technology and other departments within EF!
The Traveler Support Specialist role operates within EF’s domestic student tours division called EF Explore America. Our educational tours are designed for middle school and high school students with destinations across the USA, Canada, and Puerto Rico.
This is a customer service position where you will represent the voice of EF Explore America while managing customer inquiries via phone and email as well as maintaining travelers’ financial accounts. This is your chance to break the mold of a typical customer service representative by combining exceptional communication skills, strong sales instincts, and a solution-oriented attitude to continually improve our customers’ experience. You will also be a liaison between all departments within EF Explore America – sales, travel, and operations – to effectively and creatively resolve traveler issues and provide outstanding customer service.
People from all different backgrounds have thrived in this role and as such, we do not believe in a “perfect candidate.” Instead, we think you will thrive in this role if YOU…
- Are fluent in Spanish and English
- Are authorized to work in the U.S. and do not require future sponsorship
- Are an exceptionally good communicator: clear, persuasive, motivating, and trustworthy
- Are motivated by a fast paced and busy environment involving high phone call and email volume (you won’t be bored for a second in this role!)
- Have excellent time management, attention to detail, and multi-tasking skills
- Have a positive attitude and are a team player
- Don’t subscribe to the phrase, “That’s not my job.”
- Are a lifelong learner who believes in the power of experiential education
As if changing teachers’ and students’ lives and making the world a better place isn’t enough, we also offer the opportunity to:
- Guaranteed base salary + bonus potential and 25% company match on your 401(k)
- Expand your worldview with paid business travel plus three weeks of paid vacation time to start (and four weeks starting in year two)
- EF is proud to offer a market-leading health and dental benefits plan
- Stay healthy with on-site fitness classes and access to Employee Assistance Programs
- Competitive fertility assistance benefits and paid parental leave programs
Live your Truth:
- We believe our business, like our world, is better when we embrace diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
- Build your network by joining Explore America’s Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging Committee
- Join one (or several) of our employee led clubs or affinity (we call them “EF-inity”) groups such as, LGBTQ+ @ EF, Black @ EF, and Latinos @ EF. Don’t see a resource group, affinity group or club that matches your passion? We encourage and empower our staff to create one!
- We work in an open environment without cubicles or private offices
- Enjoy comprehensive in-house professional development opportunities with weekly and monthly trainings and workshops
- Keep up that student mentality with free in-house language classes and an annual stipend for continued education
Live for FUN:
- Explore the neighborhood with discounts to local gyms, businesses, concert tickets, and sporting events
- Explore the world with discounts on hotels, flights, rental cars, as well as paid travel.
- Enjoy our in-house bar, cafe, hair salon, and fitness center
A division of EF Education First, EF Explore America is one of the largest providers of teacher-led student tours in North America. Students and teachers from all across the USA travel with us on tours throughout North America. Tours to Washington, D.C., New York City, and Boston have been our bread and butter for years, but we are growing rapidly in San Francisco, Puerto Rico, Chicago, Montreal, and elsewhere. From sales and marketing to operations and finance, our teammates are headquartered in Boston with a regional office in Washington, D.C., and presence in New York City, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and throughout Texas.
About EF Education First:
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, identity, parental status, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.