Superpedestrian is engineering the future of micromobility. The Superpedestrian team is composed of some of the most talented operations specialists, policy managers, designers and engineers, all focused on transforming the future urban mobility. Our scooters, called LINK, were designed to prioritize safety from the inside out, and our Superpedestrian team is dedicated to building meaningful local and city partnerships across the world. Join us!
Were looking to hire a Travel Fleet Technician with a passion for growing the riding community to repair and deploy our scooters. The travel field technician will ensure that all the scooters are in good operating condition, and safe for riders. This position requires extensive travel, you may be required to be in markets for up to 1 - 2 weeks at a time depending on operational requirements.
What you'll do:
- Travel to markets and provide ongoing support as needed.
- Assist in quality control and maintenance of scooters across the company.
- Perform mechanical, electrical, and embedded systems maintenance.
- Follow technical procedures to resolve problems with embedded software.
- Troubleshoot using engineering tools to interface with vehicle intelligence system.
- Work with Central Operations Managers to communicate and identify problems in the market and roll out solutions from HQ.
- Cross collaborate with internal departments including the engineering team.
- Assist launch team with mechanics onboarding, and warehouse setup.
- Must live within commute distance of one of our markets.
Who you are:
- Must be at least 21+ years old.
- Must be able to lift a 50 pound scooter 20+ times without assistance.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Previous troubleshooting experience required, experience as a service manager, lead technician, fleet technician, micro-mobility, or technology fields preferred.
- Able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, communicate efficiently with managers.
- Have a positive and professional attitude towards your work.
- Ability to travel unrestricted at least 80% of the time.
Nice To Have:
- Experience working with IoT devices, networking troubleshooting.
- Basic knowledge of GSuite, python, excel, and JSON formats.
- Past micro-mobility experience.
- Competitive benefits with company subsidized medical, dental, vision & disability insurance and a 401k plan.
- On the job training with a leadership team that is committed to the growth and development of all employees.
- A team of awesome, like-minded, driven people that support each other, and mentors across the top echelons of the industry.
- The chance to have your voice heard and help shape Superpedestrian's future.
- A commitment to an actively anti-racist environment.
Superpedestrian actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. If you think you meet most of the requirements, but not every single point on the job description, please still apply! Wed love to have a chat and see if you'd be a great addition to our team.