Over the coming years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are dramatically changing how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials are transforming the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology are producing sustainable and ethical food. Benchlings mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this reality, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchlings applications, platform, & analytics in their efforts to solve humanitys most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the worlds most renowned research institutes.
Benchling is looking for a Training Specialist who is passionate about designing enablement resources, delivering training programming, and documenting new product features. An excellent candidate will have professional experience coordinating external and internal training projects as well as supporting the creation of enablement resources.
Working on the Training and Enablement Team, this individual will support a variety of key projects. You will work closely with our Technical Writer and Instructional Designer to develop product training resources and onboarding courses. You will also support the design and delivery of trainings for external audiences like partners and clients.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Organize a scalable processes for creation, maintenance, communication of comprehensive training content, ensuring all content is always up to date, clear, engaging, and well-organized
- Proactively stay informed of all changes to all products and service offerings, and adjust training programs accordingly; become an expert on all Benchlings products and services
- Build out enhancements to the current Customer Experience onboarding product certification program
- Organize and assist in the development of a wider knowledge base and content repository (Learning Management/Knowledge System) that is easy to access and provides ongoing training support and communication
- Build training or present curriculums for other programs (e.g. customer/parter) as needed
- BS or M.Sc. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, or similar life science field, required
- 2+ years academic experience in a research lab or professional experience within a SaaS software company
- 2+ years experience in training coordination and project management
- Experience in instructional design, training resource development and content design strategy
- Experience with Learning Management Systems and/or delivery of hands-on training courses, a plus
- Experience using multimedia tools, software and graphics applications to create compelling enablement curriculum
Benchling welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving for future challenges. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Quarterly mental health days
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- 401k, Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US Employees Only)
- Monthly health & wellness stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- Yearly educational stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- To support remote work conditions, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000(USD) upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
In following best practices and safety protocols, all Benchling employees are expected to work remotely until we are further advised that it is safe for employees to resume work in their respective office locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.