Tour Director Specialist, Tour Director Department
EF Explore America
*Immediate start date
EF Explore America is a division of EF Education First (EF), a diversified global education company that has been in operation for over 55 years. EF is family-owned, has a staff of nearly 60,000 people, and operates out of 600 offices in over 100 countries around the world. As a privately held company, EF has the advantage of being flexible and able to make decisions for the long-term success of the company. We have certainly experienced our share of travel-related obstacles and seemingly impossible situations but have bounced back stronger each time.
EF Explore America organizes and leads educational trips for teachers and their students across North America. At EF Explore America, we believe in one simple truth that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Our tours help students expand their knowledge of the world around them, understand new people, places, and cultures, discover more about themselves, and grow more confident and independent. Following a year that challenged our ability to be out in the world and learning by doing, never have our teachers and their students been more ready to get back to traveling with us. Our Tour Director team is looking for an energetic and detail-oriented person to work on a fast paced and passionate team. We recruit, train, allocate and retain talented people to lead our tours. Explore America produces 3-10 day North American educational tours for middle and high school students traveling to Washington D.C., New York City, Boston, Canada, Puerto Rico and many more exciting destinations.
As the Tour Director Specialist, you will be responsible for all pre-tour communication with our tour directors nationwide. The Tour Director Specialist will have a keen eye for detail and efficiency as they work to ensure the tour directors receive all relevant information in a timely manner. This means managing tour director preparation, liaising with tour directors to make the most of our online platforms, and being a primary contact for tour directors. Additionally, you will own content and design of tour director communication platforms such as the tour director website, learning management system, on-tour tour director app, and the monthly tour director newsletter.
We work with a wide range of tours for multiple EF products and you will manage the needs and relationships between the Tour Director team, Tour Directors and the product owners for various products (EF Language Travel, EF Gap Year, Go Ahead Tours, Ultimate Break, etc.). You will be most successful in this role if you are able to build strong connections with our tour director community and relevant stakeholders while possessing an excellent attention to details.
Finally, you will be responsible for allocating all guides who bring our destinations to life. Guides are people who typically live in a destination and have in depth knowledge of that city, complementing the expertise of our Tour Directors.
Ultimately, you will help to create an unforgettable travel experience at scale for students as across the country, and support educators to continue a tradition of travel on an annual basis.
- Bachelors Degree
- 1-2 years of work experience
- Exceptionally strong communicator: clear, motivating, and trustworthy
- Strong writing skills: grammatically sound, persuasive, ability to create copy against a deadline
- Positive attitude you think nothing is impossible
- Ability to build strong relationships externally and internally
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with ability to meet deadlines
- Tech-savvy ability to quickly learn platform functionality and use successfully
- Driven team player with a strong work ethic
- Proficiency in WordPress, MailChimp, SharePoint (preferred, not required)
- Demonstrated proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite including: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
As if changing teachers and students lives and making the world a better place isnt enough, we also offer the opportunity to:
- Live Well
- Guaranteed base salary + bonus potential and 25% company match on your 401(k)
- Expand your worldview with paid business travel plus three weeks of paid vacation time to start (and four weeks starting in year two)
- EF is proud to offer a market-leading health and dental benefits plan
- Stay healthy with on-site fitness classes and access to Employee Assistance Programs
- Competitive fertility assistance benefits and paid parental leave programs
- Live your Truth:
- We believe our business, like our world, is better when we embrace diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
- Build your network by joining Explore Americas Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging Committee
- Join one (or several) of our employee led clubs or affinity (we call them EF-inity) groups such as, LGBTQ+ @ EF, Black @ EF, and Latinos @ EF. Dont see a resource group, affinity group or club that matches your passion? Feel free to create one!
- Live Engaged
- We work in an open environment without cubicles or private offices
- Enjoy comprehensive in-house professional development opportunities with weekly trainings and workshops
- Keep up that student mentality with free in-house language classes and an annual stipend for continued education
- Live for FUN!
- Explore the neighborhood with discounts to local gyms, businesses, concert tickets, and sporting events
- Explore the world with discounts on hotels, flights, rental cars, as well as paid travel.
- Enjoy our in-house bar, cafe, hair salon, and fitness center
EF Explore America, a division of EF Education First, is one of the largest providers of teacher-led student tours in North America. Students and teachers from all across the USA travel with us on tours throughout North America. Tours to Washington, D.C., New York City, and Boston have been our bread and butter for years, but we are growing rapidly in San Francisco, Puerto Rico, Chicago, Montreal, and elsewhere. From sales and marketing to operations and finance, our teammates are headquartered in Boston with a regional office in Washington, D.C., and presence in New York City, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and throughout Texas.
About EF Education First:
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programsfocused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academicsturn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate aboutwe welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, identity, parental status, experience, and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, So Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zrich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.