Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the worlds largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veevas software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - its up to you.
Veevas Test automation infrastructure team is seeking an enthusiastic automation architect who is passionate about quality and automation. Thearchitect will be responsible for delivering the complete automation test infrastructure/tools for Vault automation to use, while adhering to the bestautomation practices/principles. He/She will coach our quality engineers to be the best in class automation engineers, and will be continuouslylooking for improvements to ensure high standards for automation.
What You'll Do
- Revamp / rewire the existing automation infrastructure to deliver a stable and scalable automation architecture for Vaults API/UI/Mobile needs
- As a subject matter expert, architect and develop automation infrastructure that can span our development delivery models
- Drive towards a high pass-rate of automated tests execution laying out a path of reliability and consistency in results
- Be research savvy and be a subject matter expert of current industry-wide quality & test processes, tools and technologies.
- Perform assessments (POCs), develop solutions and proposals to lead the automation development strategy and implementation into new technologies that would help maximize quality in all Vault products
- Act as a trusted advisor to management, perform assessments, develop solutions and drive forward innovation to lead the automation infrastructure strategy making sure that the automations goals are met
- Support QA automation staff through training, mentoring and problem solving
- Work with cross-functional teams (Architects, Developers, QA, Devops) in test automation activities across the organization.
- Streamline automation suites both front-end and back-end, in a continuous integration pipeline.
- Communicate, coordinate and align automation strategy with the engineering team members, make recommendations to improve reliability, performance, best practices and processes
- 10+ years experience in software testing or related field.
- 5+ years experience architecting test automation frameworks.
- A passion for quality and automation.
- Creativity and a willingness to explore new technologies.
- Tenacity and technical brilliance to provide highly-credible leadership to automation teams.
- Ability to make the important trade-offs between perfection and complexity
- Proven track record of successfully implementing and deploying automation frameworks across UI, API and mobile platforms.
- Demonstrated expertise in designing, implementing and documenting software test automation frameworks over various platforms,Server, Web and native Mobile
- Experience in test frameworks and tools like Junit, TestNG, Appium, JMeter, Selenium, Cucumber
- Strong knowledge and experience with OOP, preferably Java
- Experience interacting with continuous integration tools like Jenkins
- Problem Solving, process improvement and coaching
- Strong written and verbal English skills to support complex analysis
- Strong knowledge with code coverage tools and metrics.
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with JIRA, GIT, SQL and databases
- Familiarity with both Linux and Windows environments.
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Healthy, free, provided lunches and snacks every day
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Onsite gym with free fitness classes offered daily
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected].