Tamr is the enterprise data mastering company trusted by large enterprises like Blackstone, the US Air Force, Toyota, and GSK. The companys patented software platform uses machine learning supplemented with human feedback to master and prepare data across myriad silos to deliver previously unavailable business-changing insights. With a co-founding team led by Andy Palmer (founding CEO of Vertica) and Mike Stonebraker (Turing Award winner) and backed by top-tier investors such as NEA and GV, Tamr is transforming how companies get value from their data.
The Territory Sales Manager will: identify, qualify, manage and close Tamr Cloud software opportunities within the Enterprise Market in North America in a given territory. Consistent achievement of individual sales objectives and company sales objectives is expected. The emphasis is placed on new account acquisition and development. This is a sales position that requires strong interpersonal communication skills. This position will assist management in devising effective sales plans and strategies and will operate under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Performs sales activities for an assigned territory to achieve or exceed assigned target objectives. Position requires a sales professional that is proficient in:
- Software Solution Sales Able to assess customer needs and specific objectives that can be uniquely achieved through the application of Tamrs solutions and services
- Prospecting Uses creativity and a disciplined approach to maintain a sufficient pipeline of qualified opportunities to consistently achieve sales objectives
- Identification and development of net new opportunities/new accounts
- Creates and executes accounts development plan that will ensure consistent bookings growth
- Qualification Strategically uncovers factors that will help assess sales predictability
- Factors are broad in scope and multifaceted in depth
- Presentation - Creates and performs compelling sales presentations to match Tamr's solutions with identified needs
- Negotiation and Closing Ability to balance Tamr and customer objectives to create win-win business relationships
- Relationship Development Develops strong internal and external (customer and partner) relationships that foster sales teamwork, productivity and bookings achievement
- Technology Ideal candidate will have knowledge of and demonstrative sales experience in either Big Data, Business intelligence or Analytics
- CRM/Sales Tools Proper use of sf.com to maintain sales records, activity and accurate sales forecasting. Completes forms, tasks and sales reports as required by management
- Communication Consistent and effective internal/external communication. Keeps customers updated on company direction and product development. Relays customer feedback to the company for marketing and product enhancement consideration.
Key Sales Metrics:
- Successful candidates will be motivated and driven by personal and company sales achievement, earnings potential and customer satisfaction.
- Sales Quota AchievementOpportunity Pipeline Growth Ongoing identification and development of new account acquisition
- Customer Facing Activity - Sales stage advancement through qualified meetings and interaction with qualified decision makers
- Closing, sales velocity and Forecasting competency
- Teamwork and ability to use company resources efficiently in achieving objectives
- Use of Salesforce.com as key opportunity management resource
Essential Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- 3-5 years SaaS Software Sales experience with demonstrable success selling either Big Data, Data Management, Business Intelligence or Data Analytics
- Candidates must demonstrate history of consistent sales achievement and proven selling skills including MEDDPICC sales discipline
- An understanding of industry trends and relevant business drivers
- Excellent knowledge of company's products/services and pricing practices
- Effective communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Early stage company experience is a plus
- Demonstration of knowledge and competency in a vertical market is desirable
- Highly motivated, self-starter attitude is a must
This position is available in Cambridge MA. Tamr does sponsor employees requiring a Visa. Tamr provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.