Were a high-tech home security company thats passionate about protecting the life youve built and our mission of keeping Every Home Secure. And weve created a culture here that cares just as deeply about the career youre building. Ours is a no ego culture of collaboration and innovation where those seeking their next challenge can find big opportunities and make a huge impact on the lives of all those who we protect. We dont just want you to work here. We want you to grow and thrive here.
Were embracing a hybrid work model that enables our teams to split their time between office and home. Hybrid for us means we expect our teams to come together in our state-of-the-art office on two core days, typically Tuesday and Wednesday, working together in person and choose where they work for the remainder of the week. We all benefit from flexibility and get to use the best of both worlds to get our work done.
Why are we hiring?
Well, were growing and thriving and looking for a short term engagement to support our team. So, we need smart, talented, and humble people who share our values to join us as we disrupt the home security space and relentlessly pursue our mission of keeping Every Home Secure.
What You'll Do
Do you have strong skills around paying attention to details? Do you have the ability to quickly learn processes and be able to execute them in a timely manner? Are you interested in learning about how various reports and processes make their way to the financial statements at a fast growth company? If the above sounds like you, you could be a great fit!
The Staff Accountant will report to the Senior Manager, Revenue and fill a key role on the accounting team at SimpliSafe. You will assist in multiple processes around the accounting function, primarily in the revenue and cash space. This will be on a temporary basis for 1-3 months with potential to extend at the end of the program.
For the right candidate, this role will be exciting and rewarding. You will have the opportunity to insert yourself into a high level accounting team and instantly make an impact as you assist throughout the close lifecycle and order to cash process.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Assist in the order to cash process for our retail business that includes, submission of invoices, processing of credit memos and remittances as well as applying cash.
- Investigate outstanding retail/partnership invoices for payment collection
- Work within retail portals and NetSuite for invoicing
- Intake and process all checks from the HQ office as well as lockbox
- Work within the Zuora system to apply checks to invoices
- Assist with accounting month end close process including preparation of journal entries and reconciliations
- Adhoc financial analysis projects
What Youll Bring
- BA / BS degree (or pursuing), a plus if it is in Accounting or Finance
- Eagerness to learn
- Understanding of basic accounting concepts a plus
- Proven ability to pay attention to details, keep organized and learn processes
- Strong communication and project management skills
- The following experiences are a plus: NetSuite, Zuora
What Values Youll Share
- Customer Obsessed - Building deep empathy for our customers, putting them at the core of our work, and developing strong, long-term relationships with them.
- Aim High - Always challenging ourselves and others to raise the bar.
- No Ego - Maintaining a no job too small attitude, and an open, inclusive and humble style.
- One Team - Taking a highly collaborative approach to achieving success.
- Lift As We Climb - Investing in developing others and helping others around us succeed.
- Lean & Nimble - Working with agility and efficiency to experiment in an often ambiguous environment.
We wholeheartedly embrace and actively seek applications from all individuals, no matter how they identify. We are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we believe our work is enriched when we incorporate a multitude of perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences. We want everyone who works here to thrive and contribute to not only our mission of keeping every home secure, but also to making our workplace safe and supportive for others. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact [email protected].