The driving force behind our success has always been the people of AspenTech. What drives us, is our aspiration, our desire and ambition to keep pushing the envelope, overcoming any hurdle, challenging the status quo to continually find a better way. You will experience these qualities of passion, pride and aspiration in many ways from a rich set of career development programs to support of community service projects to social events that foster fun and relationship building across our global community.
AspenTech is the world's leading supplier of asset optimization software solutions. From our roots at MIT over 35 years ago to technology breakthroughs today that extend the reach of optimization, AspenTech has always been at the forefront of innovation.
AspenTechs Research & Development team consists of industry-leading experts in the field of process modeling, control, planning and optimization. On this team you will have the opportunity to turn creative ideas into reality, affecting products that are utilized by hundreds of thousands of users worldwide.
We are looking for talented interns to join our industrial artificial intelligence and modeling teams in Bedford MA or Houston TX for a 6-month internship. During this time, you will help conduct applied research towards our vision of a self-optimizing plant. You will utilize state of the art algorithms and results from academia to help refine digital twin representations or model plant interactions.
- Create innovative technology at the intersection of domain expertise and industrial AI
- Contribute on applied research towards a self-optimizing plant
- Develop prototypes and proof of concepts
- Develop demonstrators and participate in technology transition to business
- Create technical reports
What You'll Need
- Graduate student in Science, Engineering or related discipline
- Research specialization in machine learning/artificial intelligence, mathematical modeling and optimization
- Experienced Python programmer
- Knowledge in C++ or C# is a plus
- Familiarity with big data and cloud technologies is a plus
- Familiarity with chemical engineering or related fields is a plus
- Problem-solving ability and attention to details
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing, and presentation skills