Technology Experience Change Manager
The Employee Tech team at Wayfair provides technology services and support for all Wayfairians globally. Our goal is to enable employee productivity through collaboration and innovation. We are growing our technology experience team within employee tech to play two critical functions in providing employee productivity solutions.
- Driving change management and adoption programs around our employee productivity initiatives. Technology alone does not provide value. Our employees must be aware of solutions available to them, why they are important, and how to best take advantage of them. The tech experience team creates and implements the change & adoption programs that link technology to employee value. You will owns the rollout, communication and adoption plan for the customer base as well as post rollout research to identify opportunities for improvement
- Understanding and researching employee needs. In order to drive effective change and adoption of technology we must understand employee needs. This role will focus its initial research on our warehouse employee base, but could expand to research other employee populations over time.
This role will be based in our Boston HQ with flexible working hours and the ability to work from home multiple days each week.
What You'll Do
- Report into the Enterprise Solutions team within Employee Tech. Enterprise Solutions provides much of the technology commonly used across the employee base and/or across different departments
- Become a part of a small, but growing Technology Experience team focused on building partnerships with our end user community, identifying technology needs, and driving effective change and adoption of Employee Tech initiatives. This means:
- You will engage business and functional leads within Wayfair to understand their current and future support needs. Bring in the appropriate resources from Employee Tech such as Enterprise Solutions and facilitate a collaborative effort to define the solution. Work with our project management team and assigned resources to build and deliver solutions that meet the customer needs.
- You will develop and own the rollout, communication and adoption plan for key employee technology initiatives as well as post rollout research to identify opportunities for improvement. Initial focus will be on driving initiatives designed to improve productivity and the experience of our large warehouse employee population
- Act as champion and liaison between business teams and Employee Tech. Advocate for the end user but help to communicate and explain tough messages to them when necessary.
- Promote better use of technology solutions after the initial rollout to help us optimize our technology investments
- Conduct research via multiple channels such as surveys or focus group studies to collect feedback of the user experience for the technology solutions we provide or are considering. Analyze the data gathered and work with the rest of leadership teams to define improvement efforts.
- Shape the future vision and best practices of the team. After all, the team is growing and we want fresh ideas on how it can be better.
What You'll Need
- History of driving change through adoption of technology and related new processes
- Familiarity with change management practices
- Demonstrated ability to develop a rollout and/or adoption program for new technology
- Track record of driving effective communications and communication strategies around new technologies
- Ability to conduct research, analyze it, and provide recommendations based on the data
- Demonstrated ability to build & manage partnerships with teammates and business leaders
- Strong communication and ability to influence others
- General understanding of technology solutions
- Experience working with fast-paced organizations with a global footprint
- Comfortable traveling to warehouse sites (when safe to do so) for in-person research
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.