Do well by doing good.
Ready for a challenge?
EnergySage is the leading online marketplace for solar and other clean energy technologies and the most-visited solar energy website in the country: Last year, 10 million people used our content and tools to research and evaluate solar, batteries, community solar and other energy products and services. Our brand is trusted by consumers, thought leaders, and the media. Check out our coverage in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, and the Washington Post.
We are a team of passionate, collaborative, authentic individuals who are dedicated to making renewable energy options more accessible and affordable to consumers. Currently we are ~70 employees and growing rapidly.
Read more about our company and our team: energysage.com/about-us/company.
EnergySage is looking for a Data journalist/writer: Renewable Energy to join our team in Boston, MA.
The ideal candidate has excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience creating and implementing engaging and informative digital content relating to clean energy. This person should have expert-level knowledge in the clean energy industry, including solar energy. The Data journalist/writer: Renewable Energy will be a function of the Marketing department and will report directly to the Vice President of Marketing.
What youll do:
- Develop and update technical content across numerous channels and renewable energy topics.
- Conduct primary and secondary research to identify and stay ahead of clean energy industry trends and collect information for content. Research would include interviewing key industry stakeholders, literature search, etc.
- Create new, update existing, and maintain informational content about solar and other clean energy products. Develop compelling and accurate content for all stages of the customer lifecycle.
- Analyze data from EnergySage and other clean energy industry organizations and synthesize into compelling industry reports.
- Help establish EnergySage as the destination site for customers researching solar to find answers to their questions and shop for solar.
- Understand and help execute the brands long-term goals and strategies.
- Understand and incorporate competitive positioning as well as messaging for EnergySage targets and segments into content.
- Secure appropriate reviews and approvals for all content as required before posting, publishing or promoting.
What we look for:
- Superior clean energy expertise, including solar
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to tailor written messages to the audience
- Intellectual curiosity
- Ability to research and understand at a high-level complex subjects and synthesize information into easy-to-understand content and reports
- Demonstrated ability to analyze datasets
- Experience with report writing
- Demonstrated ability to present findings and recommendations to key stakeholders
- Understanding and experience in content marketing and communications tactics, such as SEO, digital, and social media
- 5+ years of experience working and an established network in the clean energy industry
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
More about EnergySage:
- The most visited solar website in the country with over 10 million annual visitors per year
- Industry leading educational content with a dominate SEO presence across multiple renewable energy verticals including solar and electric vehicles
- Close collaboration with in-house Marketing and Design teams, as well as our B2C and B2B customer service/sales teams known as Energy Advisors and Partner Success Managers, respectively
- Opportunity to research and vet the tools youll need to help you perform at a high level
- An established brand style guide and company values
- Consistent mentions in top-tier press outlets
- A team of clean energy experts to learn from and lean on
We are EnergySage.
As the leading online comparison-shopping marketplace for rooftop solar, energy storage, community solar, and financing, EnergySage is accelerating the adoption of clean energy by improving consumer access and affordability. Our user-friendly platform is built on the principle of consumer empowerment through unbiased information, transparency, and choice. As we grow and enter new markets, we seek team members who bring new perspectives, skills, and energy that will propel us to accomplish the challenging work we have ahead.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job - but we believe there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. So, however you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day and help bring renewable energy to the broader market.
EnergySage is committed to building a workplace that welcomes and encourages diverse perspectives. We believe that the most successful teams actively and authentically engage individuals with varied experiences and skillsets.
EnergySage is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Applicants from a broad range of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Consumer First: Our top priority is to serve and empower consumers through transparency, equitable access to information, and personalized interactions.
- Better Together: We recognize that we gain and give more through collaboration, partnership, and diversity of experience and perspective. We respect one another and are inspired by what we learn and achieve together.
- Integrity: We take personal ownership and pride in doing the right thing. Our consistency, competence, and high standards earn the reputation of trusted advisors with all of our stakeholders.
- Substantive Impact: We are committed to effecting and sustaining positive environmental, social, and market transformations through creativity, innovation, and persistence.
- Iterative Excellence: Our intellectual curiosity and bias toward action drive us to continuously learn, evaluate, iterate, and improve.