Office Tour Photos
The TechDocs team is a group of technical writers and engineers committed to ensuring that engineers at Twitter always have the information they need to succeed.
We accelerate developer productivity by helping engineers author, discover, and consume the organizational know-how as technical documentation.
What You’ll Do:
- You will create documentation for software engineers and foster a culture of documentation by helping engineers explain and understand how to use our technologies more effectively.
- Develop a good understanding of internal technologies and systems.
- Plan, launch, and manage documentation projects involving multiple subject-matter experts.
- Work with engineering teams to identify customers, stakeholders, personas, and use cases.
- Design information architecture plans for engineering documentation.
- Create architecture guides, tutorials, and reference documentation for engineers.
- Edit, review, organize, and expand technical information from engineers.
- Develop tooling and/or other resources to help engineers become more effective writers and communicators.
- Create workflows to improve the effectiveness of internal technical documentation.
- Create, test, modify, and improve sample code.
Who You Are:
- Successful candidates should be passionate about understanding and explaining new technologies and frameworks to others, communicate well, learn quickly, and be able to write and work with sample code in a variety of programming languages.
- BS/BA or equivalent work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 3 years of experience writing documentation for software developers or 2 years of software development experience
- Ability to drive engineers and engineering managers to the successful completion of a project
- Familiarity with one or more markup languages (e.g., Markdown, reStructuredText, Asciidoc, HTML)
- Familiarity with basic software engineering concepts
- Ability to read and understand code at a high level
The following would be nice to have:
- Experience developing software
- Project management experience
- Experience writing and maintaining documentation for an internal audience
- Basic familiarity with programming languages, tools, and software development workflows (e.g., Python, Java, Git, Bash)
- Knowledge of or experience documenting APIs, frameworks, libraries, tools, systems, and workflows in domains such as web, mobile, distributed systems, data science, machine learning, and devops
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
More Jobs From