We seek a grammar ambassador to join our team at Burgess, a HealthEdge company. As a technical writer, you will work closely with our subject matter experts and team members to support documentation efforts for Burgess products and services. We are looking for you to be highly organized, naturally inquisitive, and able to grasp software and data quickly and thoroughly to meet deadlines in an agile software development environment.
You will be able to hone your writing and decision-making skills while learning complex information and processes. Your ability to communicate important product updates in an accurate, easily digestible, and timely manner will have a direct positive impact on our end users and quality standards.
What You Will Do
- Write and format product release notes, reference materials, and other product-related content.
- Collaborate with software developers, analysts, project managers, and client services members to gather documentation requirements for product release notes.
- Review citations and source materials to ensure delivery of accurate information.
- Draft time-sensitive client communications about product updates, maintenance schedules, and impediments.
- Translate complex ideas and processes into accurate and easily digestible copy.
- Contribute to special projects when needed, including proofing and editing content, layouts, and graphics for internal and client-facing documents.
What You Bring
- 4-year degree in technical writing, communications, journalism, English, or comparable field.
- 1-4 years of technical writing or relative experience.
- Strong command of the English language; able to write clearly and edit content for spelling, grammar, and mechanics, and vary writing style to meet specific audiences.
- Strong critical analysis skills and enthusiasm to learn.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with diverse stakeholder groups and individuals
- Ability to collect, research, and understand complex or diverse information, and translate it into clear and concise written communication.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and balance the need for direction with self-motivated efforts.
- Strong interpersonal skills—treat people with respect, keep commitments, inspire the trust of others, and work ethically and with integrity.
- Belief in fostering a fun, enjoyable working environment (we value team bonding) while performing excellent, diligent work.
Desired (Not Required)
- Familiarity with the healthcare industry.
- Experience in an agile SDLC environment.
- Experience with Madcap Flare and/or familiarity with XML, HTML, and CSS.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite.