ChaosSearch is a well-funded startup that signed a new $40M round of funding in late 2020. Our mission is to enable every organization to have fast and easy access to data. Our cloud-built Data Lake engine delivers instant elasticity and unlimited scale, secure data access and disruptive pricing for Log and BI analytics.
Last year was a record breaking year for ChaosSearch. We tripled our customer base, increased revenue close to 8X, launched ChaosSearch 2.0 and ended the year with a $40 Million Series B financing round. We are building on this success and adding to our team in 2021. The time to join couldnt be better.
We are looking for a talented technical writer to help create and build out a modern documentation and user assistance infrastructure. You will be a core part of the product management team working closely with engineering, product marketing, and customer enablement to create resources that dont just document what the product does, but accelerates a user from novice to power user. Customer performance is critical to ChaosSearch success, and the tools you will build will create a powerful impact on adoption.
- Work with product managers, product marketing, and engineers to produce and maintain world-class documentation, including End User Guides, Administration & Integration Guides, API Developer Guides, in-platform documentation (tooltips, welcome instructions), etc.
- Build and maintain client aids that go beyond traditional documentation, such as online video, demos, guided tours, and other educational techniques.
- Learn complex concepts, and communicate the information in a way that is engaging and understood by users.
- Gather customer feedback on documentation to improve usability.
- Act as an editor to ensure consistency, a common voice, and look and feel across all ChaosSearch documentation and training materials
- Monitor metrics on the usage of materials as well as direct customer feedback to prioritize future documentation investments.
- 3+ years of technical writing experience.
- SaaS experience is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communications and experience working with content in multiple mediums.
- Experience working cross-departmentally to communicate the nuts and bolts of a product.
- Strong experience owning an end-to-end documentation creation process.
- Good project management and facilitation skills
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- A positive attitude, willing to jump in and tackle new challenges.
- Familiarity with one or more of the following public cloud vendor tools and consoles: AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure
Headquartered in Boston, we are conveniently located across the street from TD Garden -- a 60 second walk from North Station and the Orange Line. Besides excellent benefits, we offer a competitive compensation package, career growth, and a hybrid working model. Our culture has been described as a we culture. Were a team building an amazing, successful product and company.
At ChaosSearch, we are committed to building and fostering a culture where everyone feels included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to create a better experience for everyone. However you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come to work each day.