About the Job
Were looking for a motivated, analytical individual to help us ensure our customers exceptional product experience. Customer happiness is the driving force of our success, and it takes a lot of thought, care, patience, persistence, and knowledge.
You will interact directly with customers through our ticket management system to identify solutions to their problems, to inform our product roadmap, and to assist with scaling our Support operations for substantial growth. Toward these ends, you will work closely with all of our departments, especially the development team, our account managers and our sales staff.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator and patient problem solver, and will thrive in a fast-paced environment where task-switching is often required. They will also be eager to learn about our complex and ever-changing product offering. If you like getting to the root of a technical problem, this may be the right job for you.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide the first line of support via multiple channels (email, phone, etc.)
- Track, document, and monitor issues reported / feature requests to ensure timely resolution; escalate appropriately to internal teams (e.g. Product, Development, Operations)
- Effectively interact with customers to troubleshoot technical product issues, clearly communicate complex technical topics to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ensure customer needs are top priority and appropriately escalated when applicable
- Meet or exceed individual and team performance metrics, desired quality of service, and customer contractual requirements
- Become an expert in our product and services and be comfortable supporting customers through it
- Partner with internal teams to maintain external knowledge base for customer self service
- Contribute to the development of our products and services by reporting and qualifying identified bugs
- Represent the voice of customers to provide feedback to internal teams helping to improve overall experience and product.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree and 1-2 years technical/customer support experience
- Service-oriented attitude and customer focused
- Experience working through challenging technical issues, strong problem solving skills, including the ability to dig into application code
- Knowledge of online video platforms, live streaming video, video encoders, web plugins, and/or captioning technology preferred
- Strong degree of technical proficiency with online tools and systems; familiarity with Google Suite, JIRA, Trello, Ticket management systems (Zendesk, Hubspot) are a plus!
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly and self-starter mentality
- Enthusiasm for helping people solve their technology-related problems
- Strong time management, decision making skills, and exceptional attention-to-detail
- Professional written, interpersonal, and strong phone skills are essential when communicating with internal and external stakeholders
- Participate in on-call rotations (some holidays as assigned) to respond to urgent issues when they arise; exhibit general flexibility to shift changes.
- Flexible to work 11:00am - 8:00pm or 9am - 5pm shift.
About the Company
3Play Media is a rapidly growing, profitable technology company with a startup culture making a huge impact on the way people consume online media. We provide premium captioning, transcription, audio description, and translation solutions to over 5,000 higher ed, enterprise, media, and government customers. Our goal is to simplify the workflow through flexible APIs, a secure online account system, and integrations with a multitude of players, platforms, and lecture capture systems. We got our start in 2008 out of MIT Sloan and we are based in Boston, MA.
We have an awesome work environment! Our team is hard working, laid back, and fun. We prioritize the ability for our employees to do their work quickly and efficiently without getting stuck in office politics and wasteful meetings. The team is dedicated to building a successful company. We have a spacious office with lots of natural light located in the North End. The work we do is fun, interesting, and gratifying. Your work will have a direct impact on our companys success.
3Play Media is located in Boston, MA North Washington St on the Green & Orange line and near North Station. We are in the heart of Bostons thriving North End District. We are located near some of the best restaurants and surrounded by Bostons buzzing tech scene.
- Professional growth and development opportunities
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K matching program
- Paid vacation, birthday, volunteer days, and sick leave
- Disability and life insurance
- Charitable contribution matching program
- Transportation subsidy
- Company sponsored social events
- Snacks and beverages provided