This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic and fun Technical Support team. The Technical Support Engineer (TSE) should be comfortable living in both the Support and Engineering environments; translating internal Engineering-speak into clear concise directions for customers and vice-versa.
The TSE is part of a team that is the first line of contact for customers experiencing issues with installation, configuration, operation and management of VMware Carbon Black solutions. They are, in many ways, the post-sale face of VMware Carbon Black and must be passionate about helping our customers solve problems.
This is expected to be a Remote Worker position located in Eastern time zone unless you are located near one of our offices and would like to work from there.
Essential duties & responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional customer service while responding to phone, e-mail and online requests for technical support
- Represent the customer to ensure serviceability and product quality issues are being tracked, prioritized, resolved, and incorporated into the product release cycle
- Assist customers in the installation and deployment of VMware Carbon Blacks software products
- Communicate technical issues and solutions to the engineering, QA, sales, and support teams as well as to the customer base
- Participate in Knowledge Centered Service training to become a licensed publisher and contributor
What you bring:
- 3+ years relevant experience supporting a distributed software technology in a Windows, Mac, and Linux environment, ideally an agent based product
- Experience supporting multiple, simultaneous engagements
- Familiarity with software distribution, patch management, and anti-viral technologies
- Good analysis and debugging skill
- Ability to work a shift with additional responsibilities a few times a year for an on call after hours rotation
- 1+ years supporting enterprise level software
- Experience in the enterprise security space
- Operational experience with SQL technologies
Category : Client Support
Subcategory: Technical Support
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-04-08
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape whats possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
More Jobs From