Office Tour Photos
Our team is looking for smart, passionate, technically savvy people to join our growing Support organization. As a Technical Support Engineer at 128 Technology, you will be immersed in a revolutionary new approach to networking, work directly with customers and partners, and gain exposure to a diverse group of teams within the company. 128 Technology provides many opportunities to grow, in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot network-related issues reported by partner and end customers of 128 Technology, Inc.
- Own each customer issue through the process from initial creation to resolution interfacing with them by phone, web, and email
- Collaborate with other Support team members to fix network outages, misconfigurations, and complex networking issues of customers devices
- Work with Engineering and Management to diagnose and resolve critical escalated issues
- Read and analyze packet captures using Wireshark
- Participate in an on-call rotation with other Support team members
- Use acquired knowledge to suggest, edit and write in-depth Knowledge Base articles
- Stay up to date on 128 Technology features and technology by attending lunch and learns, participating in Engineering and Product team communication, and keeping up with enterprise and cloud networking trends
- 0-3 years of experience
- Demonstrable comprehension of fundamental networking protocols, including TCP/IP, ARP, Ethernet, BGP, OSPF, etc.
- Fundamental understanding of and hands-on experience with network technologies including routers, switches, etc.
- Hands on Unix/Linux experience
- Outstanding English language written and verbal communication skills and comprehension
- An eagerness to learn from others and be a team player
- Passionate about networking, IT, and helping people
- A bachelors degree in Computer Networking, Information Technology, or a related discipline
- Previous volunteer work/internship and/or work experience in a network lab environment helpful
- If you're a go-getter who geeks out over technology
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
128 Technology makes software-based routers. We're a young company, but we have some very big customers. We're growing, so we have multiple openings in different teams. We're looking for both experienced people (5+ years) and recent graduates as well, or anything in-between.
We are a mixture of more and less experienced people, and try not to take ourselves too seriously. We have frequent debates about video games, movies, sports, east vs. west const, and best code editors/IDEs. Rarely has anyone been seriously injured or maimed in these debates. Except for Alex - he used tabs instead of spaces, and clearly had to be put down. (Just kidding! We use clang-format so it replaces the tabs with spaces, to accommodate heathens like Alex)
We offer free beer (on tap!), a variety of coffee, tea, sodas, waters, snacks, catered lunches... and we have a gym to counteract all that. We also have an unlimited vacation policy, flexible work hours, and other fun benefits!
We also believe no one knows everything, and even people with decades of experience can be wrong or learn better ways of doing something. Technology changes - programming does too!
More Jobs From