Liaison International, is unique in that we are an established and stable organization but have that fast-paced energy and feel of an emerging technology company. Our SaaS based admissions management and enrollment marketing software and services helps millions of students take the next step in their academic career and is utilized by over 31,000 academic programs at more than 1,000 institutions.
The Technical Support team is responsible for fielding Level 2 (i.e. non-customer-service, technical in nature) support issues from our primary web-based products and coordinating the development of software fixes. The Technical Support Analyst role will be interacting with internal clients and external partners, replicating and troubleshooting reported issues and coordinating tasks and fixes with local and overseas development and quality assurance teams.
- Responding and following up with clients in a timely manner, ensuring we meet client SLAs
- Interacting heavily with Product Managers, developers, QA, Project/Implementation Managers, and operations staff to coordinate fixes
- Testing software fixes in testing or production environment to confirm issues are correctly resolved
- Troubleshooting web applications, testing reported software bugs to reproduce issues
- Writing basic SQL Queries to identify and document data problems
- Developing and running basic ad-hoc reports for our clients
- Writing SQL queries to update data as required for maintenance or corrective tasks
- Creating and publishing solution knowledge articles for re-use by peers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or an IT-related discipline or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of solid software support, preferably for web-based applications
- Basic SQL skills and familiarity with relational databases
- Experience with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Experience with writing clear and detailed tickets while logging bug investigation, diagnosis and escalation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience interacting directly with external clients in a tactful manner