Helping careers take flight. Reshaping an industry. Enable you career to be Made on Duck Creek.
WHAT WE ARE ABOUT:
Our global team creates technology solutions that the insurance world has never seen - but really needs. With offices around the globe, our inclusive, innovative teams collaborate to continuously evolve our product offering that world class P&C Insurers build their core systems on Billing, Claims, Policy, Insights, Reinsurance and more. The team at Duck Creek helps insurance companies bring amazing ideas to life quickly and easily with software that thinks and works like they do.
Duck Creek is proud to be a Remote-First employer, empowering our employees with the choice to work from an office, from home or on a hybrid schedule. Our remote-first environment fosters inclusion, collaboration, and ensures a consistent employee experience regardless of location. We support our employees in making a decision that allows them to be the most productive they can be both at work and at home.
If working in a fast paced, rapidly evolving company that is transforming one of the worlds oldest and largest industries into a standard for innovation and open exchange sounds exciting, let us know. We are excited for your career to be Made on Duck Creek.
WHAT YOULL DO:
The Technical Solution Engineer is responsible for the creation of technical multi-component solution designs, and partners with Enterprise and Technical Architects to identify and implement solutions that enable the business. The Technical Solution Engineer will lead, with influence, a project team to ensure the technical success of a project, utilizing the primary expertise in the evaluation and creation of multiple solution design options meeting complex project requirements and constraints.
- Authors Project Technical Solution Architecture documents that define the agreed solution architecture for a project including scope, interface design, impacted components, risks and necessary trade-offs including finding areas for re-use
- Reviews, comments, and approves deliverables created as part of the project delivery methodology
- Provides ongoing support and guidance to development teams during the analysis, development and testing processes
- Reviews designs for their ability to achieve business benefits within the estimated cost restraints
- Collaborates with Enterprise Architects to review and contribute to Enterprise Technology Roadmaps
- Creates and communicates initial estimates including suggested solution, IS impacts, IS costs for minor, small, and enterprise projects
- Collaborates with vendor partners for integration of partner development activities within project timeline
- Establishes strong working relationships with Solution, Enterprise, and Technical Architects
- Establishes strong working relationships with the business, operations and other technology team members
- Participates in and support cross technology process improvement initiatives
- Participates in firm-wide Architecture / Engineering working groups, and ensures that the technology organization is aligned to corporate technology directions
WHAT YOUVE DONE:
- Bachelors degree, or higher education level, or its foreign equivalent, in Computer, or Information Technology discipline, or a related engineering/computer field.
- 5+ years experience implementing Information Technology in an enterprise of similar technical breadth and scale. Ideally across multiple functional roles including Architect, Design, Code, Test, Deploy, and Operate
- Telecom BSS/OSS experience preferably in Amdocs
- Application experience including: CRM, General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Inventory Management, Retail POS, Commissioning, Collections, Data Warehouse, Analytical applications
- Architecture Frameworks such as TOGAF
- Software Development: Java
- Integration Technologies: Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Oracle ESB
- Databases: Oracle
- Understanding of software development lifecycle practices
- Knowledge of Interface patterns, and typical system integration techniques
- Knowledge of project management methodologies
- Knowledge of architecture methodologies, standards and tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- eSkills: HTML/CSS, Java/JSP, J2EE, XML, Angular, Node.js
- Standards & Methodology: CMMI, RUP, Extreme, Agile
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
Our global company celebrates & leverages the differences each employee brings to the table. Our success is a direct result of an inclusive culture where opportunities to learn from one another occur regardless of title, seniority or background. This collaborative and team-oriented approach is at the core of how we operate and continuously improve our products, services and systems. As such, Duck Creek is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants - to recruit, hire, train, and reward employees for their individual abilities, achievements and experience without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital, military, or any other protected status.
Duck Creek Technologies does not accept nor will we pay a fee for any hires resulting from unsolicited headhunter or agency resumes.