Technical Project Manager at Vertica
About your role
Youll be a force that aligns developers, quality assurance engineers, and technical writers to deliver critical bug fixes and feature enhancements that significantly improve the experience of customers who use our product, the Vertica Analytics Database. You will play an important role, focusing the team on outcomes, making sure results align with customer expectations.
Youll work with collaboration software, bug tracking software, and other SDLC tools to help cross functional teams manage dependencies, be informed of changes, adapt, and deliver meaningful product enhancements.
Its an exciting time to join the team. The amount of data stored and analyzed is growing fast, as is the number of transactions and queries processed per second. Challenges abound in the Big Data industry. At Vertica you will work with an incredible team to build a product that allows our customers to do things they didnt think were possible.
- Bachelors plus two years of experience managing computer software projects or a master's plus one year of experience
- Some experience with database development
- Experience with SDLC methodologies and tools (such as Bitbucket, JIRA, git, confluence or equivalent)
- Experience working with customers and gathering requirements
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience as a software developer
- Experience managing software projects for an enterprise software product
- Experience with big data processing tools and techniques
- Hands-on development experience
- Able to work in a cross functional team of developers, QA, documentation, etc
About our team
The best ideas often come from fresh perspectives. At Vertica, our open-minded, diverse and inclusive team is always learning from each other. We approach intellectually challenging work with a "get it done" attitude. Vertica Engineers are given significant latitude and support to pursue what they are passionate about to make Vertica an even better place. If you are excited about building great technology with a proactive team, you will find yourself in good company at Vertica. Welcome to the family.
About our product
Vertica is a recognized leader in analytics powering some of the worlds most data driven organizations like Uber, Wayfair, Intuit, Cerner, and more. Our columnar, MPP, distributed database delivers unprecedented speed, petabyte scale, with analytics and machine learning functions built into the core.
We believe the future belongs to the fast. Join us for the ride!
Micro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status
More Jobs From