: Technical Project Manager, Hardware
Bowery is growing food for a better future by revolutionizing agriculture. Our modern farming company combines the benefits of the best local farms with advances made possible by technology to grow produce you can feel good about eating. BoweryOS, our proprietary software system, uses vision systems, automation technology, and machine learning to monitor plants and all the variables that drive their growth 24/7. Because we control the entire process from seed to store, Bowery farms use zero pesticides, 95% less water, and are 100+ times more productive on the same footprint of land than traditional agriculture. Bowery produce is currently available at select Whole Foods and Foragers stores in the Tristate area, and featured on the menus of Tom Colicchio’s New York restaurants Craft and Temple Court. Based in New York City, the company has raised over $170 million from leading investors including GV, General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, Temasek and Almanac.
About the Role:
The BoweryOS Hardware team is looking for a Technical Project Manager to manage R&D projects and production bound internal products from concept through manufacturing and launch. This role will support planning and manufacturing of 1st party hardware solutions for the launch of new farm facilities. It will also include day-to-day project management of cross-functional projects between Hardware, Software, Data / AI and other company disciplines.
What You’ll Do:
- Full product life cycle management from concept through mass production
- Represent Hardware’s contributions in the launch of new Bowery farms
- Own relationships with our portfolio of turn-key assemblers, quick turn partners, fabricators, etc.
- Manage exciting R&D and production projects within the cross-functional BoweryOS team (Software, Data, Hardware) and with teams throughout the company
- Coordinate all engineering change orders (ECOs) and manufacturing changes
- Manage projects of in-house design and outsourced manufacturing model
- Establish realistic schedules and help inform cost targets for projects and 1st party solutions
Who You Are:
- Project manager with a technical background and is well-versed in electronics and hardware manufacturing
- Detail oriented, self-starter with a high degree of organization skills
- Someone who can lead a hardware project from concept through production
- A hands-on problem solver at heart who doesn’t shy away from challenges and coming up with creative solutions
- Relevant years of engineering project management experience with experience in high mix, low volume manufacturing preferred.
- Experience in project management tools (e.g. Asana, Microsoft Project, Instagantt, SmartSheets, Google Apps) required
- Experience in product lifecycle management tools
- Willing to travel (20%). Farm locations and visiting manufacturers.
Nice to Have:
- Experience managing interdisciplinary projects that interface with an entire business. For example, Hardware initiatives that include stakeholders from agricultural science R&D to software to operations to on-site facilities teams.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
More Jobs From