Cantina is a strategic design and technology agency. We accelerate an organization's ability to innovate, grow and deliver better digital products and services. Our project work spans many industries, companies, and product types. - no two projects or clients are the same. Client requirements can be vast and varied, and can often pivot quickly. As such, our employees are empowered and expected to adjust quickly when necessary to exceed client expectations. If you enjoy working on projects in diverse industries, and get excited about constantly meeting new clients, we want to hear from you.
We are continuing to see growing interest from clients in designing and building connected products. We expect our projects to become more complex technically as clients leverage data, machine learning and AI to enhance their products and therefore are looking to hire a project manager with a technical background.
With all that in mind, you should have at least 5 years of demonstrated experience leading teams developing software solutions for physical products. You’ve got a general technical background and a good understanding of wireless connectivity technologies and standards, such as Bluetooth. In the past you might have been a developer or QA engineer but have since moved over to managing digital product development teams. You can speak confidently with a Cantina tech designer or client about technical requirements and consult on trade-offs and impacts. You demonstrate high competence in use of the PM methodologies and tools (estimating, financial tracking, risk management, project scheduling, etc.), adjusting as required to manage a project effectively. You’re known for skillfully managing conflict with stakeholders/client/vendors. As project leader, you identify and solve problems before issues escalate and develop creative solutions.
- Manage all facets of a project - integration, scope, time, budget, communication, risk, quality et. al.
- Lead and maintain tight synchronization between Cantina developers and experience designers, and client product management teams
- Track project interdependencies, milestones and deliverables to ensure timely and successful project implementation/deployment
- Identify project risks early and come prepared with a mitigation plan
- Work with Technical Leads to recommend new design or development approaches and test plans
- Seek to improve critical project metrics such as profit margin, client satisfaction and team satisfaction
- Prepare & maintain highly-detailed project plans
- Create functional and technical requirements documentation to aid project delivery
- Facilitate technical design workshops
- Create Statements of Work and change orders as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS, Engineering or a related discipline and/or commensurate work experience
- Able to demonstrate a strong understanding of how high quality software is efficiently developed
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in project management, with some of that experience managing mobile application design and development projects
- Experience managing software projects that have a hardware dependency
- Prior software development and/or test experience using web technologies and/or mobile platforms
- Top-notch interpersonal skills, particularly managing situations that involve gaining consensus or addressing conflict
- Certified Scrum Master
- Competitive base salary, $85,000 - $105,000
- Eligible for target bonus of up to 20% of base salary
Benefits and Perks
- 100% employer-paid insurance premiums for health, dental, vision and disability
- Flexible Work Arrangements (such as work from home days) available upon request
- Paid parental leave up to 6 weeks
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer match
- Vacation time accrued to 20 days per year
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free beverages and snacks
- Convenient location in Boston’s Seaport/Fort Point area close to public transportation