As a Program Manager in iRobots Research and Development Organization, you will provide project and program management leadership to the sustaining cross-functional program team to successfully support iRobot products and initiatives. Among these would include cost optimization, quality enhancements, component dual sourcing, product variants, regulatory requirements, material and business continuity projects. Responsibilities will include organizing and facilitating necessary team meetings, producing minutes and driving timely completion of action items. The Technical Program Manager will create and maintain project plans including resource allocation, budget management and schedule performance. The Technical Program Manager will prepare documentation and information needed to support cross functional discussion and decision making.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of product development best practices, coupled with system thinking and excellent organizational skills. The leader we are looking for will have a demonstrable past track record of success in leading development of products and innovative technologies through well thought-out and transparent delivery plans. This role requires a detail-oriented leader with strong organizational and communication skills. Experience managing complex systems inclusive of electromechanical and software components, ideally robotics, is strongly preferred.
What You Will Do:
- Build strong relationships with technical subject matter experts by leveraging foundational understanding of the various iRobot cross functional disciplines.
- Work with Product Management, cross-functional program teams, and software technical leaders to clarify and scope product/feature requirements.
- Coordinate and synchronize multiple development teams and other internal groups to design, build, test, and release products on time and with excellent quality.
- Make the right trade-offs, escalate issues if required, and concisely report development progress, status, cross-team milestones, issues, and risk burn-down across all required levels of the organization.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Engineering or related field
- 5+ years within a technical product development role
- 3+ years of technical program/project management experience with a track record of successfully managing projects or complex initiatives or 3+ years of technical leadership or management experience
- Demonstrated acumen across a wide range of engineering disciplines
- Ability to manage multiple teams across broad range of technical domains
- Experience with hardware and software product development processes
- Proven track record of exceptional capability in modern IoT physical product and/or digital experience development, and best practice program management methodologies
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, organizational and leadership talents, communication skills, systems thinking, and customer focus.
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Preferred - Working experience within an Agile environment as individual or project lead.
- Preferred - PMP or SCRUM certification
- Experience in the robotics industry preferred but not essential
In Return You Can Expect:
- Professional opportunities and challenges that will accelerate your growth.
- Coaching and mentoring from your manager and senior team members on the team.
- Highly collaborative and supportive colleagues
- Interesting and complex challenges
- The opportunity to innovate and have a significant impact on the organization.