Technical Program Manager (NPI) - Boston, MA
The Technical Program Manager for New Product Introduction (NPI) is a key role shaping the design, development, and implementation of new Nasuni products from engineering prototypes to production.
As an NPI Technical Program Manager, you are responsible for defining and scaling Nasunis product development cycle to deliver new and innovative products on time, meeting quality, and cost needs of the business. This is an individual contributor role. The NPI PM is a core team member of the product development lifecycle, from product inception to delivery. This highly collaborative role leads and aligns a cross-functional, cross organizational team to create, scale and execute the operational plan. Key partner organizations include Development, QA, Sustaining Engineering, Marketing, Customer Success and Field Sales. Individuals will be challenged to quickly establish credibility, learn and refine the launch process, coordinate timelines, seek out and prioritize information from subject matter experts and weigh potential solutions to obstacles associated with the delivery of the program objectives. As such, you will be expected to have strong program management skills, have a desire to work at a high bandwidth in a fast-paced organization. This is a cross functional role with a high level of influence and visibility. We are seeking an individual with highly relevant industry experience in NPI Program management for an enterprise-class software and service organization.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will
Own NPI Program Management
- Define and oversee Nasunis NPI program for new product and service introduction.
- Have in-depth understanding of the product technical requirements, milestones deliverables and interdependencies for establishing an accurate and effective project infrastructure.
- Leverage experience and engineering skills to solve problems, fill gaps and achieve objectives through a cross functional team.
- Responsible for effective communication and escalation of risks and dependencies while ensuring timely decisions are being made.
- Scopes technical and business problems and processes by identifying key issues, inputs, stakeholders, and outcomes.
- Be comfortable interacting with senior management, highlighting risks and providing recommendations to support product level decisions.
- Transition operational responsibilities to the Customer Success and Sustaining Operations team after achieving launch targets.
The ideal candidate is/has... / Requirements
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Business or related discipline and 7+ years of experience in program and/or project management
- MBA or master's degree in Engineering is a plus
- 10+ years of industry experience working in enterprise software, virtualization, storage / infrastructure, or data center spaces
- Knowledgeable in the areas of data analytics, performance metrics, scorecards, and dashboards
- A solid technical foundation, including an in-depth understanding of the enterprise software and datacenter infrastructure spaces
- Deep understanding of the Program Management, KPIs centered around successful new product introduction, key operational methodologies, and systems / infrastructure
- Strong communication and negotiation capabilities
- Demonstrated leadership skills and track record of successfully taking products from initiative to launch
- Confidence to champion ideas and solutions and raise issues across the organization.
- Customer-first sensibility and passion for ensuring their success.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Familiarity with project management tools and best practices
- Program management certifications such as PMP, SAPM, etc. are desired
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
- Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems independently
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically with strong attention to detail.
- Experience using data and metrics to drive / track improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to engage and influence across leadership levels.
With the worlds only cloud-native global file system at its heart, Nasuni delivers a file services platform built for the cloud that combines the performance of local file servers with the scalability and durability of cloud storage, all at about half the cost of traditional file infrastructures. Users can migrate NAS silos to the cloud storage of their choice for on-demand capacity expansion, built-in backup, instant disaster recovery, multi-site file sharing and a system that can span continents. Nasuni operates globally from its worldwide headquarters in Boston, Mass., USA. #LI-Remote
Why work at Nasuni?
As part of our commitment to your well-being, we are pleased to offer comprehensive benefits packages to employees across the US. Benefits packages generally include:
- Best in class employee onboarding and training
- Take What You Need paid time off policy
- Incentive stock options
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision plans
- Company-paid life and disability insurance
- 401(k) and Roth IRA retirement plan
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Flexible remote work policy
- 10 paid holidays
- Wide array of wellbeing offerings
- Pre-tax savings accounts with company contributions
- An Employee Assistance Program to help deal with lifes difficulties and stressors
- Great team culture and social activities
- Collaborative workspaces
- Free on-site fitness centers and stocked kitchens in select office locations
- Professional development resources
Nasuni employs onsite, hybrid, and remote employees, who may occasionally come into a Nasuni office, attend events, or visit clients. Nasunis offices are open-concept office environments with low but varying noise levels.
Must be able to work at a standing or seated desk up to 100% of the time whether remotely or at Nasuni offices. You may be required to attend company events at one of Nasunis offices or attend events, conferences, or customer meetings for up to 8 hours at a time. Must be able to interact with co-workers in office environment and via Zoom, Slack, and MS Teams. Must be able to hear and communicate with clients and candidates through video-calling software and telephone. Must be able to engage in constant repetitive finger and wrist motion for typing. Must be comfortable viewing a computer screen for up to 8 hours per day.
To all recruitment agencies: Nasuni does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job boards, Nasuni employees or any other company location. Nasuni is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Nasuni is an equal opportunity employer. The equal employment opportunity policy at Nasuni protects employees and job applicants from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.