Founded in 2015, Bowery Farming is on a mission to democratize access to high-quality, local, safe and sustainable produce. Bowery builds smart indoor farms near cities, growing fresher, pesticide-free Protected Produce with bold flavor in precisely controlled environments, 365 days a year. At the heart of each farm is the proprietary BoweryOS, which integrates software, hardware, sensors, AI, computer vision systems, machine learning models and robotics to orchestrate and automate the entirety of its operations. As a result, each farm creates far less waste and uses a fraction of the water and land compared to traditional agriculture.
About The Role
Bowery Farming is seeking a dynamic and experienced Technical Program Manager. Reporting to the Head of Product, you will manage the entire life cycle of programs from ideation to launch and beyond, driving planning, program execution, development, and stakeholder management. Our technology is central to how Bowery operates and improves, with focus areas in Agriculture, Automation, Commercial, Core IoT Infrastructure, and work management technology. Our team spans the multi-disciplines of software, hardware, IoT, analytics, and machine learning to provide solutions across the business. The Technical Program Manager will work cross-functionally involving agricultural science and operation, farm operation, design, supply chain, commercial, robotics, and finance alongside the technology team.
The BoweryOS, our proprietary software system, uses vision systems, automation technology, Internet of Things (IoT), and machine learning to grow plants better and more efficiently at scale and bring more value to the customer by optimizing plant growth and distribution to stores.
What Youll Do:
- Coordinate engineering execution, planning, and delivery
- Keep everyone accountable in terms of OKRs, measure progress, manage dependencies, and mitigate risks.
- Conduct all aspects of delivery, including launch, QA, customer handoff, and maintenance of technical projects.
- Facilitate cross-functional and vendor issues during the execution of the project.
- Be involved in the non-functional aspects of product delivery, such as the performance of the product, accessibility, reliability, security, and legal compliance.
Who You Are:
- Worked as a Technical Program Manager in complex and matrix environments, ideally in AI, data science, software, and hardware
- Understands technical issues and risks, as well as non-functional aspects; reliability, scalability, performance, security, compliance.
- An excellent listener and communicator
- Trust that teams succeed and fail together and take responsibility for ensuring your teammates' safety and success.
- Strong command of estimation and planning techniques
- Bonus: Experience or exposure to robotics, IoT, and/or AI/data analytics
- Bonus: Workflow management experience in a manufacturing setting.
Who We Are:
- Bowery is a place where everyone is welcome, included, and empowered to reach their full potential
- We live our shared values every day in both big and small ways: opt-in, think wildly different, break barriers together & be kind to the core
- We are a mission-driven team of unconventional thinkers, problem-solvers, optimists and activators
- We share a passion for giving back more to the planet than we take, growing deliciously abundant food without abundant harmWe are excited to hear from you!
Based in New York City, Bowery is the largest vertical farming company in the United States, serving major e-commerce platforms and more than 850 grocery stores in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions, including Albertsons Companies (Safeway and Acme), Amazon Fresh, Giant Food, Walmart, Weis, Whole Foods Market, and specialty grocers, with produce that's harvested year-round at peak freshness, delivered within days of harvest. Bowery has raised $472 million from leading investors, including Fidelity Management & Research Company LLC, Temasek, GV (formerly Google Ventures), General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, and individuals including Henry Kravis, Jeff Wilke, as well as some of the foremost thought leaders in food, including Tom Colicchio, Jos Andrs and David Barber of Blue Hill. For more information on Bowery and its products, please visit www.BoweryFarming.comPress kit: https://boweryfarming.com/press/