Office Tour Photos
6 River Systems (6RS) is a Shopify (SHOP) company leading the way to faster fulfillment. E-commerce has changed the world and our solutions power winning warehouses of the future. Were revolutionizing warehouse automation with collaborative mobile robots driven by artificial intelligence and advanced cloud-based software.
As a Technical Product Trainer at 6RS you will help launch innovative new products & solutions for 6 River Systems (6RS). You will manage new product launches and drive adoption internally with Go-to-Market (GTM) teams, and externally with 6RS customers, by creating and communicating key messages and compelling content. You will be the point person for creating internal sales enablement tools and customer-facing marketing and training materials sales tools such as New Product Introduction (NPI) tear-sheets and product demos, and digital and written customer training content such as videos and slide presentations. To be effective, you will partner with Product Managers and Engineering SMEs, so critical skills include cross-functional collaboration, building strong relationships, and the ability to translate evolving technical capabilities into a simple, compelling value proposition. This role is especially exciting because Product Training is a new function within 6RS, so youll have the unique opportunity of defining and establishing this role, and developing new processes and ways of working within 6RS.
What Youll be Accountable for:
- Establish a new Product Training function within 6RS that can scale and meet the needs of a fast growing company and product suite
- Develop and own the end-to-end New Product Introduction (NPI) process, working cross functionally with Product Managers, Engineers and Deployment teams, from documenting product specifications & configurations, to creating training materials and training internal teams
- Deliver consistent, high quality content to support and help drive adoption of new products and solutions - including creating engaging training materials for internal stakeholders (e.g. Sales teams) and external customers
- Drive the vision of how we communicate effectively and consistently across all internal stakeholders to drive awareness and adoption of new products
- Work with the Customer Success team to create customer-specific training materials and product training curricula and certification programs for new and existing customers, including Seasonal training needs
Skills Youll Need Day One:
- Strong technical writing experience, including the ability to learn new technology products quickly and communicate complex, technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- The ability to learn new technologies, products, and systems quickly - being naturally curious and tenacious is a must!
- Software product training experience, ideally in a B2B context
- Experience developing multi-media training materials, including working with Learning Management Systems such as SAP Litmos
- Organized with good project management skills
- Experience creating and delivering customer-focused product positioning and sales collateral
- To be a confident presenter and gifted storyteller who can succinctly and persuasively communicate complex, technical ideas/functions
Why 6RS? Recognized by the Boston Globe as a Top Place to Work
- Entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up combined with the stability of a global commerce company
- Competitive compensation packages and Shopify RSUs
- Company-paid health, dental, and vision coverage for all employees
- Paid holidays, vacation/sick time, and parental leave
- Annual 401k contribution from the company
- Lifestyle spending account
About 6 River Systems
Founded in Waltham, Massachusetts in 2015, 6 River Systems is a leading collaborative mobile robotics fulfilment solution and part of global commerce company Shopify. Founders Jerome Dubois and Rylan Hamilton were previously executives at Kiva Systems (now Amazon Robotics). The 6 River Systems solution is operating in more than 20 facilities in the U.S., Canada and Europe, fulfilling millions of units each week for companies including Lockheed Martin, CSAT Solutions, ACT Fulfillment, DHL, XPO Logistics, and Office Depot. To learn more, visit www.6river.com.
Shopify is a leading global commerce company, providing trusted tools to start, grow, market, and manage a retail business of any size. Shopify makes commerce better for everyone with a platform and services that are engineered for reliability, while delivering a better shopping experience for consumers everywhere. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Shopify powers over one million businesses in more than 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Allbirds, Gymshark, PepsiCo, Staples, and many more. For more information, visit www.shopify.com.
More Jobs From