Starburst is on a mission to modernize data access & analytics. Our company was founded in an unusual way; with customers and revenue from the beginning! Our growth is already ahead of some of the most successful software start-ups, and we dont plan on slowing down.
We believe our opportunity is huge. Every large company in the world suffers from a data silo problem. Traditional data warehouse products approach the problem with old solutions that breed inefficiency and ultimately cant help business analysts run fast analytics on all their data.
Starburst provides a modern solution that addresses these data silo & speed of access problems. Starburst helps enterprises harness the value of open source Trino (formerly PrestoSQL), the fastest distributed query engine available today, by adding the tools and 24x7 support that meet the needs for big data access at scale. Ultimately, Starburst helps organizations run analytics anywhere to make better business decisions.
Starburst is looking for a Product Manager to own and evangelize the product thought leadership for the Data Mesh architecture, additionally you will own integrations with multiple data sources such as RDBMS, No-SQL & SaaS connectors. We believe more companies will adopt this highly decentralized data architecture and that Starburst is a key piece to that puzzle, you would be in charge of identifying the other pieces and connecting the dots between them.
- Become a thought leader and help build the vision & roadmap to become the go-to provider for Data Mesh
- Deliver on a roadmap with clear prioritization based on data driven customer insights
- Collaborate with teams globally across multiple time zones and operate in an Agile development environment
- Own cross-functional interactions for your features
- Empathize with Starburst customers to provide a seamless experience across our self-managed and fully-managed products
- Collect & summarize usage data/dashboards for decision making and OKR tracking
- 3+ years experience as a product manager
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Deep understanding of the technical landscape and markets, must be well versed in databases, data warehousing, data lakes, and familiarity with many of the data infrastructure products in industry
- Ability to be hands on, write SQL scripting
- Entrepreneurial and self driven personality with track record for delivering results in fast-moving environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong technical competency
Headquartered in Boston MA with offices in Warsaw and London and employees across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.