Who we are:
Join Embark on our mission to improve the life and longevity of dogs everywhere. Our canine DNA test the highest-rated, most accurate on the market enables us to make scientific advances in personalized pet care. Recently named one of the fastest-growing private companies in America by
Designed by world leaders in dog genetics in partnership with Cornell University, the Embark Dog DNA Test provides information on genetic health risks and breed make-up, allowing dog owners, breeders, and veterinarians to make personalized care plans based on a dog's unique genetic profile. Embark is also home to the worlds only canine DNA relative finder. No wonder
Interested in joining our pack? We are looking for highly motivated and mission-driven employees who will join us as Embark leads the cutting edge of creativity and innovation in the fast-growing consumer
About the role:
Are you an innovative wordsmith who thrives on creating readable, actionable content? Do you have a background in technical or science writing that could help you explain genetics or dog care products to people at all levels of expertise? Then this is the job for you!
As a Technical Product Copywriter, you will play an integral role in shaping and improving experiences at Embark, from our best-in-class canine DNA test, to completely new products and flows. Youll work closely with PMs, designers, and subject matter experts to create innovative user experiences that help dog owners, breeders, and veterinarians provide dogs with the best possible care.
What youll do:
- Write and edit copy for physical and digital products, from landing pages to detailed explainers and everything in between.
- Guide best practices for UX writing in collaboration with content strategists and product managers.
- Understand and translate Embarks brand and style guidelines.
- Execute editorial and product calendars to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Clarify goals and success metrics with your product partners.
- Work closely with product designers, product marketers, and marketers to determine how to communicate effectively with the customer through the content and UX.
- Write copy that communicates innovative and often scientific product services and features to customers while inspiring and guiding them to action.
- Clearly communicate your recommendations and drive alignment in meetings both large and small with teammates, cross-functional partners and executives.
- Apply metrics, data, design research, user testing, customer support insights, and more to inform content and language decisions.
What experience were looking for:
- Experience in writing technical or scientific content, particularly for genetics and/or canine health
- Experience in UX writing
- Ability to work collaboratively across the organization.
- Experience tracking the performance of site content and iterating on successes
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts
- Ability to manage multiple projects of varying complexities and meet deadlines.
We request that applicants, if possible, submit a portfolio of UX or product writing experience.
What We Can Offer:
At Embark, we might be dog lovers, but were passionate about people too. Were committed to building an inclusive culture where all employees can belong and flourish. Here are some of our benefits and perks:
- A flexible vacation policy so you can take off the time you need when you need it
- Paid maternal and paternal leave (plus paw-ternity leave for new pets)
- Every other Friday off each summer
- Dog-friendly office near South Station, Boston (when we get back to the office), with some flexibility (eg work from home at least 2 days a week, flexibility around child care needs, etc)
- Perks tailored for dog lovers including subsidized pet insurance and dog-walking services
- Startup perks with big-company benefits (401k match, a generous bonus structure, commuter benefits, top-of-the-line healthcare, HSA/FSA)
- Competitive salaries and equity participation every employee gets stock options
- Fully-stocked office snack bar and regular office events
- New iMacs and MacBook Pros, or laptops running Linux
- Continuing education, including attending conferences and company-provided resources to help with individual growth and development
This is a full-time position. Our offices are in Boston, MA. Our team is currently remote through COVID and will be back in the office when it is safe to do so.
Embark is an equal opportunity workplace and values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, age, disability status, marital status, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws.