PathAI's mission is to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. Our platform promises substantial improvements to the accuracy of diagnosis and the efficacy of treatment of diseases like cancer, leveraging modern approaches in machine learning. Rigorous science and careful analysis is critical to the success of everything we aspire to do. Our team, comprising of diverse employees with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, is passionate about solving challenging problems and making a huge impact.
Our ML Platform is the core technology that powers the full range of our companys ML needs, from research activities to clinical products. It is scaling both on the algorithm and compute levels in order to drive the companys growth and fulfill our mission to improve patient outcomes.
We're looking for a skilled hands-on Engineering Manager to act as a player/coach, helping to train and build our growing team of software engineers and machine learning engineers to take the platform to the next level. You will work to drive initiatives, and communicate regularly with stakeholders. You will be part manager, leader, mentor, engineer and ally to product management and other stakeholders.
- Experience mentoring and/or building a team of engineers. We are looking for someone who can thinking long term about hiring and training
- Ability to align engineering teams to business goals and help drive delivery
- You want to stay close to the codebase and have the ability to switch between thinking big picture and collaborating on individual features with the team.
- This role is a collaborator - we are looking for someone to join forces with other team leads including machine learning and data scientists, product management, other engineering groups, and key product stakeholders.
- A recent history of working closely with code and backend system architecture.
- Drive and uphold high engineering standards, bringing consistency to the codebases you encounter and ensuring software is adequately reviewed, tested, and integrated.
- Engineering skills. We expect Engineering Managers to be capable of operating as a Senior Engineer, so you'll have spent a number of years in this field building and shipping code working on distributed computing environments.
- Management experience. You've been around the block more than a couple times, and have personally managed teams of 5 or more engineers.
- Education. Generally, a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering is really helpful in working with our team on this kind of work. But feel free to convince us if you're the exception.
- An insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn quickly in a complex space.
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized childcare per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.
With the rise of employment phishing scams, especially during the current COVID-19 situation, we ask candidates to be extra vigilant. Be careful about providing any kind of personal information, such as location, age, or financial information to recruiters who may be impersonating PathAI employees. PathAI does not require payment for interviews or for applicants to purchase their own work supplies for reimbursement.