ABOUT OUR TEAM
Teikametrics is looking for a Technical Lead, Software Engineer to join our growing features team. As a Technical Lead, Software Engineer at Teikametrics, you will work on projects that impact the highest priorities of our technology roadmap and the business, all while collaborating cross-functionally with multiple teams. Technical Lead, Software Engineers influence teams outside of their own organization and deliver results that move the needle at the organizational level and impact the company-wide goals. You will influence the priorities of your team and drive best practices across the engineering teams.
You will be responsible for building key technology products in the suite of eCommerce optimization tools provided by Teikametrics. We are changing the way we deliver complex pricing, User data management, data security, inventory forecasting and advertising strategy to experienced and novice eCommerce sellers alike. We are turning mind numbing numbers on market dynamics and forecasts into simple and beautiful visuals that everyone loves. You will be analyzing large amounts of streaming and big data and delivering cogent business insights. You lean on your passion for technology to suggest and make improvements to our tech stack and infrastructure.
You love to learn, and equally love to share your knowledge with others. You are both a listener and a contributor. You are a great communicator and you take care to understand before making yourself understood. You love trying out new frameworks and libraries. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor and play a key role in establishing the roadmap, developing the platform comprising the back end services, building real time services with hardened APIs, developing algorithms to power scientific methods to the art of solving real optimization problems.
- Build, develop and scale the backend of our platform that powers the consumer experience for brand owners and sellers
- Inspire, recruit and mentor your engineering colleagues
- Drive engineering best practices. Operate in a scalable engineering culture that leverages modern principles of decoupled systems and automated CI/CD/testing/monitoring to drive efficiencies
- Work closely with Product, Design, User research and product marketing
WHO YOU ARE
- 8+ years of progressive experience in software engineering, tech leadership and project ownership in high-performance environments
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, EE or equivalent
- Solid programming skills; preferred experience in Python, Java
- Experience with Kafka, data streaming and messaging queues
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, S3, SQS, Docker, Kubernetes with Dockerization is nice to have
- Proven track record working in top talent and high performance environmentsExperience working on large scale and distributed computing systems in rapid growth environments
- Experience with modern web frameworks, advanced algorithms/data intelligence, public cloud platforms and streaming data pipelines
- Familiarity with containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration and delivery
- Experience influencing a teams technical and business strategy by making insightful contributions to team priorities and approaches
- Experience identifying and solving ambiguous problems, architecture deficiencies, or areas where the teams software causes bottlenecks
- Ability to communicate their ideas effectively to achieve the right outcome for their team and customers
- Experience leading design reviews and has actively participated in design reviews of related software
- Experience in interviewing and hiring senior engineers as well as mentoring others - improving their skills, their knowledge of software, and their ability to get things done
There has never been a more exciting time to join Teikametrics, the leading Marketplace Optimization Platform. Were building an operating system to optimize every aspect of a retailer's business -- from advertising to inventory to pricing. We optimize billions of transactions for thousands of entrepreneurs and brands around the world selling on Amazon and other marketplaces. The Teikametrics Marketplace Optimization Platform uses proprietary econometrics and machine-learning data models packaged in a simple SaaS interface. We combine our best in class technology with coaching and support from our world-class teams based in Boston, MA, Seattle, WA, Bengaluru, India, and Tel Aviv, Israel, and Hong Kong, China. We are looking for team members who are values aligned, make impact to our mission, and thrive in our fast-growing organization.