Starburst is on a mission to modernize data access & analytics. Our company was founded in an unusual way; with customers and revenue from the beginning! Our growth is already ahead of some of the most successful software start-ups, and we dont plan on slowing down.
We believe our opportunity is huge. Every large company in the world suffers from a data silo problem. Traditional data warehouse products approach the problem with old solutions that breed inefficiency and ultimately cant help business analysts run fast analytics on all their data.
Starburst provides a modern solution that addresses these data silo & speed of access problems. Starburst helps enterprises harness the value of open source Trino (formerly PrestoSQL), the fastest distributed query engine available today, by adding the tools and 24x7 support that meet the needs for big data access at scale. Ultimately, Starburst helps organizations run analytics anywhere to make better business decisions.
The Technical Enablement Manager is responsible for the successful on-boarding of technical new-hires, and on-going enablement of all customer-facing technical employees, including pre-sales Solutions Architects, Customer Success Managers, and Technical Account Managers. You will be responsible for designing, planning, organizing, scheduling, reporting, developing and delivering training materials, resources, and events in support of Starbursts Technical Enablement efforts. This role reports directly to the Director of Sales Enablement.
In this role, you will partner closely with our Product and Engineering teams to build and iterate on technical contenta and hands-on labs to the Field Engineering and Customer Success organizations. You will also engage directly with the Field Engineering and Customer Success to understand their needs in technical enablement and cover any existing gaps in technical knowledge.
- Design and deliver onboarding experience for customer-facing technical roles
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to create training content delivered live and via our learning platform
- Creation and delivery of hands-on labs for technical training topics including deployment, troubleshooting and performancing tuning and testing
- Identify gaps in competencies and develop the appropriate training to address the needs
- Assess performance and implement remediation plans including group and individual coaching
- 5+ years experience in a technical role, including but not limited to sales engineering, customer success or technical support
- Strong expertise in the following areas: data warehousing and data lakes, public clouds (AWS, Azure, GCP), Java and multi-node architecture, Kubernetes
- Experience developing technical lab content from scratch
- Learns new concepts and ideas (including technologies) very quickly
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment
- Ability to be self-directed in finding gaps in training and delivering on the need
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bonus: Experience with teaching, training, curriculum development, and content creation
Location and Travel
- Anywhere in North America
- Future state: Willingness to travel up to 25%
- Future state: Ability to be in Boston office for all on-boarding and ongoing live trainings
Headquartered in Boston MA with offices in Warsaw and London and employees across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.