TireTutor is looking for a hands-on technical co-founder to add to our team! TireTutor is the first comparison-shopping platform site for automotive tires in the country. We do for the tire industry what other marketplace sites have done for autos, homes, and travel. TireTutor uses the data from its platform to power its backend dealer management software, helping shops optimize their supply chain, improve their online presence, and close more business.
We have a product in market, paying customers, and partnerships with some of the largest tire companies in the country. Now, we’re looking for a technical co-founder to oversee our front-end development, improve our algorithmic search results, and lead our technical traffic acquisition.
If you’re a jack-of-all-trades full-stack developer with experience in marketplaces, big data, or building amazing consumer products, we want to connect with you. We're particularly interested in leaders with a passion for collaboration, quick iteration, and improving the skill sets of those you work alongside.
At TireTutor, we’re building a (genuinely) diverse and inclusive culture from the ground up. We believe the combination of our teammates’ unique backgrounds and experiences is what makes us effective and powerful. If you have the drive to build a world-class dev team with a culture of empowerment, you might be a good fit to lead engineering at TireTutor.
• 3+ years of back-end development experience with Python, and on a framework such
as Django, Falcon, or Flask
• Experience with React or managing other developers who utilize React
• Experience creating apps in React Native
• Experience with FTP connections
• Previous experience leading a startup dev team is a major plus
• Industry experience in AI is a plus
• Manage a team of local and distributed developers
• Adapt to fast-moving business requirements & changes
• Lead by the 80/20 rule—understanding that shipping and learning is more important
than getting everything “perfect” the first time
• Data-driven—use data to prioritize what is the highest-leverage opportunity
• Develop great user experiences
• Write high-quality front-end and backend production code
• Wear multiple hats and jump between projects & tasks
• Able to work and communicate positively and respectfully with others
• Curious at heart—love experimenting
• Salary: “Startup salary” until Seed or Series A
• Equity: 2% - 15% depending upon your level