We are building a team of writers within one of the fastest-growing startups in New York. We are looking for writers with coding skills to join our team on a full-time basis. Our team’s primary goal is to pitch, research, and write in-depth articles that software engineers and ops engineers will want to read, discuss, and share with their peers.
Datadog is the leading service for cloud-scale monitoring. Our product was built by engineers, for engineers, so we aim to be deeply knowledgeable, accurate, engaging, and useful in all of our communications. We don’t write fluff.
- Identify and define articlesthat Datadog should create
Write articlesthat are authoritative, practical, and clear, such as:
- Deep dives on modern technologies
- In-depth monitoring guides or use-cases
- Thought leadership pieces
- Build relationshipswith journalists, analysts, tech bloggers, open source contributors and product community leaders.
- Continually measurereader engagement with content, and iterate to improve content definition, craft, and distribution.
- You will have the support of Datadog engineers and other technical team members when you need an expert opinion.
- You are a polished, published writer
- You have at least some code in a publicly available repo
- Successful candidates will be comfortable researching new technologies, learning how to use them, and reducing their complex workings to clear prose.
- Great career opportunity: Datadog is undergoing explosive growth, but is not yet a household name. This is an opportunity to join a company that has already established itself as the leader in its field, but still early enough to have great impact.
- Culture: We are enthusiastic, humble, open, and precise. We value inclusivity, creativity, and collaboration.
- Impact: Our small team is central to one of Datadog’s key growth strategies.
- Workplace perks: You’ll be working alongside a group of friendly, talented engineers and marketers at our Flatiron office, which features a roof deck, high ceilings, and lots of light. Datadog provides a stocked fridge and catered lunches three days a week.