Demiurge is searching for an experienced technical artist to join our talented and growing team. You bridge development between artists and programmers. You provide the cutting-edge tools that ensure art content is smoothly integrated into the game, and can jump in yourself to fix complex issues. You are committed to improve and optimize processes that streamline asset production; a dedicated problem solver who identifies pipeline challenges and comes up with viable solutions. You have a passion for your craft, an artistic eye, and an ability to function independently within a fast-paced work environment, across multiple high-profile projects.
If you have what it takes to drive the technical side of art creation and implementation for a variety of groundbreaking games, wed love to talk with you!
Please note, relocation assistance or remote work may be available for this role.
- Provide technical art support for internal and externally-led project development and drive initiatives to standardize solutions across the organization
- Work with artists, designers, and engineers to improve content creation pipelines, asset integration, workflow efficiency and tool sets
- Design, develop and maintain tools/scripts to automate 3D and 2D art processes
- Work closely with artists and engineers to define and impose technical and budgetary standards for art assets based on the needs of each project
- Troubleshoot issues associated with art files as they arise and provide feedback and debugging of complex assets
- Help develop real-time engine (Unity/Unreal) shaders as requested by artists
- Provide regular communication and collaboration with other development disciplines across the organization
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Keep up-to-date with changes in technology, PC/console hardware, software, new techniques and help make decisions on art packages and tools usage
- Assist with interviews and the growth of our team
- Share your techniques and mentor folks
- 3+ years game industry employment in a technical role.
- Experience implementing 2D and 3D assets (environments, characters vehicles etc.) in Unreal Engine and Unity.
- In-depth knowledge of Unreal Engine and Unity pipelines and processes.
- A good comprehension of PBR principles and material editors.
- Experience authoring and modifying shaders in either node-based systems or HLSL.
- A good comprehension of art asset creation in industry standard 3D and 2D packages (3ds Max, Maya, Photoshop or Substance)
- Knowledgeable in common scripting languages (Python, MAXScript, MEL script, etc.)
- Proficient in content management & optimization.
- A strong reel/portfolio showing executed game tech art.
- Excellent personal, written and oral communication skills.
- Must be eligible to work in United States.
Preference To Applicants With:
- Strong traditional art foundation.
- Experience developing and implementing character rigs, and character weight skinning.
- Familiarity with C# or C++
- Experience working on mobile, console, and pc interface platforms.
- Experience working with VFX.
- At least 1+ shipped titles.
- BFA (or higher)
- A love for games, and who play them regularly.
- Outside interests!
Demiurge Studios is a privately-held video game developer based in Cambridge, MA. Creating games is our passion and we bring years of expertise to our projects. The teams at Demiurge build fun, accessible games like our hit, Marvel Puzzle Quest. We also provide co-development services to larger, best-in-industry game companies. In that capacity, Demiurge has contributed to titles such as Bioshock, Rock Band, and Mass Effect.
Demiurge Studios is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, or Veteran status. Demiurge Studios also makes workplace accommodations for individuals with disabilities or special needs.