Helping careers take flight. Reshaping an industry. Enable you career to be Made on Duck Creek.
WHAT WE ARE ABOUT:
Our global team creates technology solutions that the insurance world has never seen - but really needs. With offices around the globe, our inclusive, innovative teams collaborate to continuously evolve our product offering that world class P&C Insurers build their core systems on Billing, Claims, Policy, Insights, Reinsurance and more. The team at Duck Creek helps insurance companies bring amazing ideas to life quickly and easily with software that thinks and works like they do.
Duck Creek is proud to be a Remote-First employer, empowering our employees with the choice to work from an office, from home or on a hybrid schedule. Our remote-first environment fosters inclusion, collaboration, and ensures a consistent employee experience regardless of location. We support our employees in making a decision that allows them to be the most productive they can be both at work and at home.
If working in a fast paced, rapidly evolving company that is transforming one of the worlds oldest and largest industries into a standard for innovation and open exchange sounds exciting, let us know. We are excited for your career to be Made on Duck Creek.
WHAT YOULL DO:
Technical Architect (Product: Data InSights)
The Technical Architect provides guidance on client engagement, including serving as a resource to the project team and the client by evaluating and proposing technical alternatives for resolving business and technology issues. The Technical Architect serves as the point of escalation for architecture related activities on projects, and is the escalation point for the Customer. The role may be expected to work across multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Provides technical leadership on client engagement including serving as a resource to the project team and the client by evaluating and proposing technical alternatives for resolving business and technology issues.
- Identifies cross-capability and cross-release issues that affect the business architecture integrity.
- Transforms customer requirements into technical blueprints
- Defines the complete technical infrastructure environment
- Serves as the point of escalation for architecture related activities on projects, and for the Customer.
- Maintains current knowledge of all relevant technology developments and seeks opportunities to deploy new technologies that benefit the client
- Serves as a trusted advisor of the customer
- Performs Design / Code Review
- Participates in Conformance Reviews
- May work across multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelors degree required or higher education level, or its foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Information and Technology and Computer Engineering, or a related engineering/computer field.
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience in software development.
- Or Masters degree plus minimum of 8 years related professional experience.
- Experience in customer facing roles
- Deep experience with a breadth of technologies, including C#, SQL, SQL Server, Visual Studio, Microsoft Foundation technologies, SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Power BI, Windows Server 2012/2016 administration and configuration
- Experience with the following technologies is preferred, C#, XSLT, XML, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Ability to identify and understand technology trends within the industry
- Deep professional experience with .Net Solutions, SQL, relational database design, Data Warehouse and Star Schema design, and Business Intelligence and reporting
- Demonstrated experience with SSIS and Power BI
- Experience/knowledge of P&C Insurance software applications
- Experience/knowledge of software development life cycle for P&C insurance software
- Experience with systems integration (Policy, Billing, claims, Reinsurance, third-party systems)
- Experience with implementation of Duck Creek Example Platform solutions for Policy Administration, Billing and/or ASW Claims preferred
- Travel: 50%
- Work Authorization: Legally authorized to work in the country of the job location.
Our global company celebrates & leverages the differences each employee brings to the table. Our success is a direct result of an inclusive culture where opportunities to learn from one another occur regardless of title, seniority or background. This collaborative and team-oriented approach is at the core of how we operate and continuously improve our products, services and systems. As such, Duck Creek is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants - to recruit, hire, train, and reward employees for their individual abilities, achievements and experience without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital, military, or any other protected status.
Duck Creek Technologies does not accept nor will we pay a fee for any hires resulting from unsolicited headhunter or agency resumes.