By joining the Office of the CTO, you can directly contribute to the realization of this mission by supporting the CTO and the broader engineering team at Motional. As a Technical Advisor, your role will be primarily technical but will require cross-disciplinary work. You will be directly tasked with executing on key engineering projects, developing our technical strategy, facilitating research into new technologies, or prototyping a new system. The role will often involve cross-disciplinary work, and you can expect to regularly interact with engineers and leaders from across Motional. The role is primarily technical, but may also involve cross-disciplinary collaboration with the Product, Marketing, Legal, or Operations teams at Motional.
What You'll Do
- Developing Motional's technical strategy alongside the CTO and lead engineers across several engineering disciplines in constantly refining our strategy.
- Acting as the CTO's representative where appropriate in internal or external discussions.
- Producing technical analysis on relevant emerging technologies and providing insight and analysis to Motional's executive leadership
- Working jointly with engineering leads across the company as needed to ensure efficient execution on key engineering projects
- Research the deep domain and topics to synthesize key opportunities, issues, and progress to-date.
- Help teams evolve their understanding of a new Motional culture of engineering, in partnership with the engineering leaders who develop and prescribe such new evidence based practices.
- Conduct market trend analysis and research based on CTOs request
What We're Looking For
- 8+ years of demonstrated experience in Technical Program Management, Software Engineering, or Data Science. 10+ years preferred.
- A track record of technical or product achievements
- A background in hardware (electrical/mechanical/computer) or software engineering and/or technical product management
- A willingness to get your hands dirty in technical projects, including contributing directly to engineering efforts
- Confident and clear verbal and written communication skills, tailored as necessary for the audience (ranging from engineers to senior executives)
- A passion for automation, robotics, and related technologies
- Experience working on a robotic or advanced automated systems in production
- Experience conducting research on robotics and automation in an industry or academic setting
- Experience leading teams of engineers and/or product managers or other technical leadership experience
- Software development proficiency in any programming language
- Hardware development proficiency
If you dont meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above - thats okay! We encourage you to apply if you think this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day and that you can deliver the results we need.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. Were behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, its imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motionals success. Thats why weve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.