Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. Were the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
The Manager of Technical Accounting will be a key member of the accounting team. This role will have significant interaction with the business and members of the accounting, FP&A, and product teams. You can demonstrate a strong ability to interpret and apply accounting principles. The individual also is able to clearly communicate sophisticated technical accounting matters to various audiences including those outside of finance.
What Youll Do:
- Provide mentorship on complex accounting matters to ensure accurate accounting and disclosure
- Perform accounting research, documentation through memos, and adoption of all newly issued standards by the FASB
- Manage and implement the implementation of new accounting standards
- Maintain and update technical accounting positions memos and document new positions memos
- Work with various cross-functional partners on sophisticated accounting issues
- Assist in drafting portions of Form 10-Q and 10-K disclosures
- Manage journal entry recognition and account reconciliations for key technical areas including capitalization of website development costs and judgmental accounting reserves
- Lead annual goodwill impairment analysis and segment reporting documentation
- Assist with the successful completion of the year-end audit and quarterly review
- Provide accounting support for special ad-hoc projects as vital
Who You Are:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 6+proven years of experience in public accounting or a mix of public accounting and public company work experience. CPA required
- Big 4 public accounting experience highly preferred
- Experience managing, mentor and developing team members
- Technology/SAAS experience highly preferred
- Ability to clearly and concisely document and effectively communicate sophisticated accounting and reporting issues to finance and non-finance personnel (i.e. can communicate technical accounting matters in 'plain English')
- Excel at project management including the ability to establish and consistently meet deadlines
- Motivated great teammate with the ability to work in a fast-paced, forward-moving environment
- Ability to learn and understand financial accounting systems/software: NetSuite experience is a plus
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our peoples professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the companyour way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potentialwhere you dont just fit, you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.