Starburst is on a mission to modernize data access & analytics. Our company was founded in an unusual way; with customers and revenue from the beginning! Our growth is already ahead of some of the most successful software start-ups, and we dont plan on slowing down.
We believe our opportunity is huge. Every large company in the world suffers from a data silo problem. Traditional data warehouse products approach the problem with old solutions that breed inefficiency and ultimately cant help business analysts run fast analytics on all their data.
Starburst provides a modern solution that addresses these data silo & speed of access problems. Starburst helps enterprises harness the value of open source Trino (formerly PrestoSQL), the fastest distributed query engine available today, by adding the tools and 24x7 support that meet the needs for big data access at scale. Ultimately, Starburst helps organizations run analytics anywhere to make better business decisions.
Our Technical Account Management team supports Starburst customers from the moment of signing up with Starburst to utilizing Starburst to gather critical insights. Our Technical Account managers are the first point of contact for our customer teams; they deeply understand why customers are using Starburst and are proactive problem-solvers to help share best practices for how to get the most value from our product, ultimately leading to retention and growth across a portfolio of accounts. In this role, were looking for individuals who have knowledge in two key areas: big data analytics and nurturing customer accounts. Our customer teams are often highly technical so youll be expected to partner with our Support and Onboarding Engineering teams to learn and speak to distributed systems, Hadoop, cloud technologies, security, and DBMSs. Equally important will be your ability to develop account plans, drive product usage and enablement strategies, and facilitate conversations with executive level teams.
- Grow and retain accounts:
- Oversee a portfolio of customers, ensuring they see the best value from Starbursts products and services and building customer relationships
- Deeply understand customers goals to develop account plans in partnership with the Sales team
- Drive action plans and create strategies that enable customers to utilize the Starburst Enterprise Platform
- Be an expert in our products and services:
- Proactively identify customer problems and track technical needs
- Explore integrations and extensions of Starburst Enterprise with customers
- Guide customers with industry best practices and direction on how to maximize impact of Starburst Enterprise within their organizations
- Serve as an intermediary between users and Starburst engineering
- Be the voice of the customer within Starburst: Elevate key themes and trends in customer needs
- Collaborate with the Sales team to both renew our existing customers and grow their work with us
- Experience both in troubleshooting and speaking to different platforms and technologies including:
- Big Data (Hadoop, Data lakes, Spark)
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Databases and Data warehouses
- Authentication (LDAP, Kerberos)
- Authorization technologies
- Bonus Points for Knowledge of Languages:
Headquartered in Boston MA with offices in Warsaw and London and employees across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.