Abacus Insights is a mission-driven, start-up technology company that is focused on improving health outcomes, lowering the cost of healthcare, and delivering a more seamless healthcare experience. At our core, we are passionate about advancing healthcare and improving people’s lives through technology.
With our deep expertise in cloud-enabled technologies and knowledge of the healthcare industry, we have built an innovative data integration and management platform that allows healthcare payers access to data that has been historically siloed and inaccessible. Through our platform, these health insurance payers can ingest and manage all the data they need to transform their business by supporting their analytical, operational, and financial needs.
Through this mission and passion to aid people and population health, we have built a highly successful SaaS business that is heavily funded (since our founding in 2017 we have over 18 million) by leading VC firms who have deep expertise in the healthcare and technology industries. At Abacus, we are solving problems of massive scale and complexity in an industry that is not only ripe for disruption but requires innovation. We see massive growth in our future and would love for you to be a part of it!
Our Customer Success team is rapidly growing and is looking for our first dedicated Technical Account Manager. In this role, you will be working closely with our customers to help unlock the highest value possible in the Abacus Product(s). You will have the ability to work across multiple teams and drive impact across the business.
Apply if you are:
- Excited about work with enterprise customers to solve their thorniest data problems
- Energized about working in a Start-up Organization building a cloud-native environment
- Familiar with cloud platforms, especially AWS
- Psyched to work with a talented team that is motivated to move the needle on some of the most pressing challenges in the US healthcare market
- Have experience leading technical sales and implementations in the healthcare industry (preferably in the health insurance sector with BCBS plans)
- Have a minimum of 7-10 years of work experience, preferably in technical consulting, enterprise architecture, sales engineering, or as product/implementation specialist
- a self-starter, have professional maturity, thrive in fast paced environment and are knowledgeable in a highly technical environment. Ability to cope under pressure and prioritize work accordingly
You should expect to:
- Guide customers on how to use the Abacus platform, including driving development of the integration architecture
- Build relationships with and partner with technical stakeholders (including CTOs and CIOs) during sales and discovery conversations
- Gather information from technical customer teams to understand the current state of their data systems and develop technical solution architecture diagrams
- Communicate technical information to non-technical staff in a way that is easy to understand
- Define customer success plans, targets and objectives; ensure that the appropriate level of resources and capabilities exist within the team to achieve the goals
- Work with Product Management to feedback on issues with current products and provide input around new products for the platform
- Demonstrate exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Show deep understanding of the Client’s goals and objectives.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrate excellent architecture and technical support documentation skills.
- Have strong interpersonal and consultative skills
Terrific if you have:
- Knowledge of relevant healthcare security regulations such a HIPAA, HITRUST and other regulations and standards such as PCI, ISO, NIST and SOC.
- Knowledge of healthcare IT application and data ecosystem, particularly for health plans
- Working knowledge of current security issues and technologies concerning the industry
- Strong experience working in cloud environments
- Experience with various types of software architectures including microservices
- Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of database, data warehousing or data sciences.
- Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise
Equal Opportunity Employer:
As a mission-led technology company that is helping to drive better healthcare outcomes, Abacus Insights believes that the best innovation and value we can bring to our customers comes from diverse ideas, thoughts, experiences, and perspectives. We are dedicated to building diverse teams, and as such provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. As well as prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.