Were looking for a talented Team Lead for the SRE team. Currently, our SRE team is based in Singapore and we are expanding the team for our US based customer teams.
As an SRE team, we are focused on making Motional systems and infrastructure scalable and highly reliable. Our main goals are lowering delivery and incident management lifecycles time and reducing toil.
Our SREs are responsible for the infrastructure of various cloud services. The teams responsible for those services are building various scalable solutions for interacting and understanding the performance of our fleet. These solutions range from real-time IoT systems to big data collection, analysis, software validation, simulation and Machine Learning.
The Motional Santa Monica office is located in the heart of 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica at 1453 3rd Street. With all the modern amenities for productive work and play, it is steps away from the popular pedestrian outdoor shopping area and Santa Monica beach.
What You'll Be Doing
- Build and lead a team of SREs to deliver on the team goals and manage appropriate software development practices
- Work closely with the Singapore SRE team to align short term and long term goals
- Evangelize SRE team mission across the company
- Onboard application portfolio in the infrastructure
- Communicate with stakeholders and other team leads to identify infrastructure requirements
- Manage delivery timelines
- Hands-on implementation of key portions of the system
- Work closely with developers to design and implement scalable, highly available, and secure services
- Work closely with cybersecurity to maintain highly secure infrastructure
- Build, operate and maintain application infrastructure, infrastructure automation, and monitoring of infrastructure and applications
- Manage scaling of services
What We're Looking For
- Previous experience leading a team developing cloud-based software
- 2+ years of technical leadership experience
- 5+ years of experience in operating and scaling backend software services
- Deep understanding of Linux
- Deep understanding of Cloud services providers (ideally AWS)
- Ability to deliver proven work on tight schedules
- Ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- MS, BS or BA in Computer Science / Engineering
Bonus Points (not required)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Docker, and Terraform
- Experience with large scale data stores
- Experience with high volume data pipelines
- Experience with golang and Python
- Experience with large scale compute
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process