Office Tour Photos
With the continued impact of COVID-19 and social distancing measures, Kensho fully supports remote interviewing and onboarding procedures.
At Kensho, we hire talented people and give them the autonomy, support, and resources needed to build cutting-edge technology and products for our parent company, S&P Global. As a result, we produce technology that solves the challenges of one of the worlds largest, most successful financial institutions.
As the team lead for the Query Infrastructure team, you will be responsible for helping each team member realize his or her full potential at Kensho and for upholding the team mission of making data easily discoverable and easily used.
Your team will be responsible for building a highly advanced cross-database querying platform capable of finding and providing data from a wide variety of sources, from SQL databases to S3 buckets. This platform will underpin Kenshos newest machine learning and analytics applications.
Are you looking to make impactful, scalable contributions that transform the way we think about data? If so, we would love to help you excel here at Kensho. We take pride in our tightly-knit, team-based community that provides our Kenshins with a collaborative, supportive environment to bring transparency to the biggest challenges in data.
What We Work On:
- Open-source, optimizing GraphQL-to-database-queries compiler (blog post, example repo)
- Topological query scheduler for the OrientDB open-source graph database (pull request)
- Cross-database query cost estimation, query planning, and automatic query pagination
What You'll Do:
- You will foster a team culture that aligns with Kenshos values
- You will work with our talent acquisition team on recruiting as needed
- You will be a mentor and coach for the team members
- You will partner with various roles, such as a system architect, project manager and peer team lead, each of whom are invested in the teams success
- You will help prioritize work based foremost on business needs and to help ensure that the team remains aligned to those goals
- You will contribute to a codebase that optimizes query execution across a variety of relational, blob and graph databases
- You will help build the foundation for scalable data discovery and integration at Kensho
- You will share learnings from both failed and successful projects in order to better position your team to successfully solve difficult real-world data problems.
What We Look For:
- You have experience leading small teams
- Your measure of success is the teams success
- You have 5+ years of experience working on complex infrastructure such as distributed systems, large databases or compilers
- You can provide opinions on development choices, challenging the team to think about problems from multiple perspectives
- You have an eye for robustness, including documentation and testing
How To Really Get Our Attention:
- You have been a major contributor on the backend or infrastructure teams at a top software company
- You have been part of a team which grew from start-up to small company
- You have 5+ years of experience as a team lead
Technologies You Will Use:
- Python, GraphQL, SQL, Redis, Kubernetes, S3
- Development and debugging tools like Git, Sentry, Jenkins and Grafana
Benefits & Perks
- At Kensho, we pride ourselves on providing top-of-market benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance - 100% company paid premiums
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 18 weeks of 100% paid Parental Leave (paternity and maternity)
- 401(k) plan with 6% employer matching
- Generous company matching on donations to non-profit charities
- Up to $20,000 tuition assistance toward degree programs, plus up to $4,000/year for ongoing professional education such as industry conferences
- Plentiful snacks, drinks, and regularly catered lunches
- Dog-friendly office (CAM office)
- In-office gyms and showers (CAM, DC) or Equinox membership (LA, NYC)
- Stipend towards commuter or gym reimbursement
- Bike sharing program memberships
- Compassion leave and elder care leave
- Mentoring and additional learning opportunities
- Opportunity to expand professional network and participate in conferences and events
Kensho uses machine learning, artificial intelligence, natural language processing and data visualization techniques to solve some of the hardest analytical problems and create breakthrough financial intelligence solutions for our parent company, S&P Global.
Kensho was founded in 2013 by Harvard & MIT alums and was acquired by S&P Global in 2018. Kensho continues to operate as a startup in order to maintain our distinct, independent brand and to promote our breakthrough, innovative culture. Our team of Kenshins enjoy a dynamic and collaborative work environment that runs autonomously from S&P, while leveraging the unparalleled breadth and depth of data and resources available as part of S&P Global.
As Kenshins, we pride ourselves on maintaining an innovative culture that depends on diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes future Kenshins with all experiences and perspectives. Kensho is headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with offices in New York City, Washington D.C. and Los Angeles.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
More Jobs From