Thrasio is the consumer goods company reimagining omnichannel commerce and consumer products, and boasts an innovation engine that brings high-quality products to market across digital marketplaces, channels, and retailers globally.
With the experience of evaluating more than 6,000 Amazon companies, acquiring over 130 top-rated brands, and managing the scale of 22,000 products, Thrasio is the largest acquirer of Amazon FBA brands. Since our founding in 2018, the team has grown to more than 1,000 people globally--most of that growth has occurred during the COVID-19 pandemic. Hiring people who share a passion for their craft in the eCommerce space is the reason were projected to grow more than 10x in the next few years. This growth is supported by investors whose portfolios include Facebook, Google, Jet.com, StitchFix, and Lululemon. We do our best work when were surrounded by people who are insatiably curious, agile, and who thrive in collaborative, check-your-ego-at-the door working environments. Sound like you? Wed love to chat.
- Assist & oversee the US / CAN indirect tax process (tax filing calendars, preparation of workpapers, return filing, payments)
- Manage & upgrade processes for collecting resale/exemption certificates
- Assist with audit defense (US / CAN taxes)
- Reconciliations of indirect tax accounts, and preparation of indirect tax journal entries where required
- Documenting, responding to tax notices & corresponding with state authorities to ensure good standings
- Maintain product taxability & coding throughout all selling channels (Amz, Walmart, Ebay, Shopify, etc)
- Ability to work & communicate with various departments to ensure all sales channels are properly onboarded from a tax perspective (new deals)
- Research new sales & use tax laws and regulations.
- Organize audit work papers and fulfill data requests of external auditors.
- Assist managers with special projects.
What you bring to the party
- 3 - 5 years' experience in state and local indirect tax (CAN experience preferred)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar area
- Strong MS Office, particularly Excel, & G-Suite skills are required
- Familiarity of transaction tax technologies (Taxjar, Avalara, Sovos, Vertex) is a plus
- Outstanding attention to detail and ability to deliver timely, accurate results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to come up with novel ideas and approaches that set us up for exceptional performance and efficiency
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.