Casa Systems, Inc. (Nasdaq: CASA) delivers converged broadband technology solutions that enable mobile, cable and fixed network service providers to meet the growing demand for gigabit bandwidth and services. Our suite of distributed and virtualized solutions for fixed and mobile 5G ultra-broadband networks are engineered for performance, flexibility and scale. Commercially deployed in over 70 countries, Casa serves more than 475 Tier 1 and regional service providers worldwide. At Casa Systems, our mission is to deliver ultra-broadband solutions that keep families, communities and the world connected. We harness our passion for innovation to drive technological solutions that allow service providers to do amazing things that improve the way we live.
We are seeking to hire a Tax Manager to join our Finance team located at our corporate headquarters in Andover, MA, USA, which is located approximately 30-minutes north of Boston.
The Tax Manager will impact the organization by being responsible for tax planning and compliance activities for the Company’s US and International operations including global tax planning, tax compliance, timely tax filing and reporting, management of external global tax professionals, and internal expert and liaison on all tax related matters. The Tax Manager will also prepare the Company’s income tax provision and ensure that the Company’s income tax accounting and tax positions are contemporaneously documented and in accordance with the applicable accounting principles and tax law. The Tax Manager is also responsible for global sales, use and VAT compliance. This position will reporting to the Chief Financial Officer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Corporate global subject matter expert and principle strategist and tactician with respect to optimizing the global tax exposure.
- Own the development, implementation, and management of global tax strategy and structure to minimize taxes.
- Responsible for staying current with legislative tax changes that may have an effect on the global tax exposure and modifying strategies and plans accordingly.
- Responsible for the planning of cross border transactions, including transfer pricing studies, intercompany transactions and agreements, royalties, and dividend/repatriation planning.
- Oversee the global tax compliance process for income taxes, sales and use tax, and VAT/GST.
- Develop and execute the global tax audit and settlement strategies while recommending solutions that mitigate global risk and cost.
- Manage all tax related audits.
- Select, contract and manage multiple service providers.
- Develop and implement tax strategies and structuring for mergers and acquisitions including managing the due diligence process.
- Preparation of the company’s income tax provision in compliance with US GAAP applying Sarbanes-Oxley compliant processes and controls Responsible for quarterly and annual tax accounting calculations, including ASC740-10 analysis and documentation, tax impact of equity instruments, and required footnotes and disclosures for financial statements.
- Manage US sales tax reporting, including sales tax compliance, taxability research and exemptions, audits, and reporting systems.
- Prepare information for and coordinate preparation of US federal and state income tax returns, estimated payments, and property tax returns.
- Prepare information for and coordinate preparation of international income tax returns and estimated payments.
- Perform research on various tax issues including US federal, state and international tax.
- Develop and maintain tax processes ensuring Sarbanes-Oxley 404 compliance.
- Act as a liaison between business, legal, finance and other departments to assist with identifying and resolving issues associated with transactions and projects.
- Provide assistance to legal department in reviewing tax specific language in contracts.
- Provide assistance in other areas of organization impacted by tax, including payroll tax, VAT/GST, expatriate tax and stock-based compensation.
- Undergraduate degree with an emphasis in Accounting, Finance, or other relevant area.
- MS Taxation or JD.
- Certified Public Accountant.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in public accounting (from one of the Big Four) and industry.
- Technology industry experience – a plus.
- Exceptional tax technical, accounting, analytical, and research skills.
- Ability to engage the business to tax issues and influence business to implement their initiatives in a way that minimizes the tax exposure.
- Ability to communicate technical issues clearly in non-technical terms to management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information to executive management and board of directors.
- Able to analyze complex problems and develop/implement logical and innovative solutions.
- Able to lead projects and work effectively with an interdisciplinary team.
- Strong project and people management skills.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting for income taxes (US GAAP) and related controls (Sarbanes-Oxley compliance).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized and structured in approach.
- Team oriented, highly motivated and self-sufficient individual.
- Ability to direct and manage outside consultants to conduct and execute complex studies and analysis for purposes of minimizing tax exposure.
- Extensive international tax experience covering all global regions.
- Detailed working knowledge of all material taxes a global entity will be exposed to including corporate tax, sales tax, withholding tax, VAT/GST, expatriate tax, payroll tax, import duties and taxes, and R&D tax credits.
- Significant experience operating and influencing at the highest levels of Corporations either as a consultant or functional head.
- MS Office including Excel (highly proficient to expert.)
Casa Systems, Inc. participates in the E‑Verify program. Casa Systems is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment free from unlawful employment discrimination and without barriers to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO).
Andover, Massachusetts, United States
More Jobs From