The Systems Test Engineering Technician will support system level performance tests of new product prototypes. Main responsibilities will be the execution of performance testing, documenting results and tracking of UUTs (units under test) using practices and procedures established by both external and internally developed standards.
The successful candidate will also perform operational test and fault isolation on systems and equipment, assist in determining methods or actions to remedy malfunctions and assist in the design, construction, test and troubleshooting of test equipment.
The Systems Test Technician will use common hand and power tools (e.g. screwdrivers, wrenches, and drills)
- Execute performance tests and document results in accordance with standards and procedures.
- Perform post processing analysis of data gathered by test.
- Being able to work cross functionally with SW/ME/EE/System Test engineers
- Document and clearly communicate results and findings to define performance or facilitate root cause analysis and resolution when failure occurs.
- Support test facility and equipment maintenance and management.
- Provide oversight of testing being conducted by interns.
- Proficient with MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio, and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with Linux and Windows Operating Systems.
- Experience with working at the command line (CLI) in Linux
- 3-5 years of experience performing system level testing, preferably performance testing, or college level experience with Linux CLI is also acceptable
- Detail oriented with a proven track record of documenting test results as well as recognizing and documenting deviations, anomalies, and failures during testing.
- Experience troubleshooting and debugging electro-mechanical equipment, electronic setups, and measurement equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of task execution and work with minimal supervision.
- Comfortable working in team environment, adapting to changes in assignments, and balancing competing priorities.
- Able to communicate technical information and test results effectively and provide test summaries.
- 5 years relevant test experience.
- Experience using Jira
- AS, BST or BS in engineering.
- Experience analyzing data to recognize trends and verify measurement quality.
- Proficient with MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with, MS SharePoint,
More Jobs From